By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Plus October Games

LipeJJ said:
Normchacho said:

I'm not talking about AAA titles only, if you remember my original post, I said I was satisfacted with good and new indie games. Like Rocket League, which you listed, for example. Transistor and OlliOlli2 were other good examples, etc. I expect mainly these kind of indies on PS Plus...if they are going to give us only indies, at least give us very good indies and new ones preferably.

But talking about AAA games, maybe they could, you know, give people every 2 or 3 months an old, but decent, game that doesn't sell enough anymore like Black Flag, or Wolfenstein, a sports game, I don't know... there are many options.

I think you got wrong what I said.

You're right sorry, that post was more directed at the general tone of this sort of thread than at you.

But! You mention wanting them to give us new, good indie games (using high rated to determine good) if we aren't going to get full retail games and while I agree with that sentiment and that's what I want aswell. I don't think there are always good, new indie games for them to offer. So Sony is going to have to make the decision to offer either new, or good games and personally, I'd rather a good game that's older over a newer game that's meh.

So, is this month as good as the last couple of months? Probably not. For me personally I think that will depend on how much I like Broken Age and if I like that more than Super Time Force. But either way I don't see this as a particularly bad month.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

Definitely getting Broken Age.

arcaneguyver said:
You want AAA titles, don't bank on a $50/year service to get em.

arcaneguyver said:
You want AAA titles, don't bank on a $50/year service to get em.

Well that's what PS+ used to be. It went downhill badly the last 10 months. This months is good for me, but I still agree that the PS3 offer is very weak this month and has been weak for months.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Question:

Arent they making more money than before? Arent there more ps plus subscriptions because of new ps4 user and they are forced to pay for online?

why cant sony put some quality games in it? like alien isolation or whatever.

Assassins Creed Black Flag, Rayman Legends, Tomb Raider DE, Walking Dead, Child of Light,

were all on ps4 one year ago? damn so i missed all of them.
all i see is a bunch of shovelware from ps plus and not worth to renew my subscription, but i didnt know that they put good games in it, i missed them.

Around the Network

Does anyone know if we need ps+ to play the new need for Speed as it's online only. Surely you van still play it as you'll be online but you just can't do the player vs player part.

"Why don't we get AAA games with PS+?"
"#BetterPSN"
"PSN should be free like the PS3!"

Wtf do people want?

Sony gets reciepts from the service of approximately $4 a month per subscriber. AAA games likely cost $0.50-2.00 per subscriber regardless of whether or not they DL it unless the publisher can monetize it for DLC or uses it as marketing for an upcoming release. Indies probably contract for ~$0.02-0.25 per subscriber.

Infrastructure development and upkeep isn't cheap. Especially when people unrealistically expect DDOS immunity.

PS+ is a steal for me. I pretty much only subscribe for the free games, since i very rarely like to play games online. $50 is a great deal, for all of the games we get.

Rather than replying to individual people here I'll just leave this here instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Network#Instant_Game_Collection

Taking note of " In 2014, PlayStation Plus provided more than $1,300 worth of games in the Instant Game Collection"

It doesn't really matter if you personally think that certain games being offered from the service aren't AAA enough, what matters is that with a functional budget of $50 over 3 systems you're getting access to over 20x (26 to be exact) that amount of games in sheer dollar value.

The people who are asking for major retail AAA titles to come to the service because they didn't buy them yet... keep in mind that most really popular good games... well most people have gone out and bought them, so it would take a lot of money effort from Sony to secure such a game because of it's high profile. Not to mention those people who actually have more than pocket money to spend on gaming would have already bought the main AAA games so they would be being punished overall by being offered up something that the majority of gamers bought.

The way to look at psn+ is that it's $/€50 a year and you'll get some games you didn't/might not have bought before, if they targeted games everyone did buy then each month complaints would be there that people would already own the games and it would introduce a situation where people don't buy new games because they wait for them to appear on the service much like many people @ steam do not consider buying new games at full price and simply wait for them to be cut massively in sales before handing over cash, that's bad for business so publishers would have no interest in doing it.

Or at the end of the day if there is one particular AAA game you guys wanted... use the psn+ sub money you have to buy that instead and forego the $1250 of other games over the next 12 months for it, tis an easy choice in my mind.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
This is getting worse and worse, now they dont even give good ps3 games? 
At this rate i will never get psplus again.

Come on you get your 10gb cloud? pretty okay this month