By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Chrono Trigger the Greatest RPG Ever Made?

Is Chrono Trigger the Greatest RPG Ever Made?

Yes 117 42.86%

No 111 40.66%

I haven't played it so I can't say. 45 16.48%

Total:273

I'm playing right now for the first time (DS version) and it's fantastic, but I like more FFVI (not finished).

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

It's an amazing game, ahead of its time, that has aged extremely well. Wouldn't say the greatest RPG ever made, but it comes close.

Probably the best rpg ever done along with FFVI

I know one sexy admin who thinks it's the best game, period.

Personally, I adore it. I would probably place it fourth among RPGs, after Deus Ex, Final Fantasy VI, and Xenoblade Chronicles.

Sprash said:
ps3-sales! said:
Lol no.

Best RPG of it's time? Yeah no doubt.

One of the best RPG's? sure.

All time? no and not even close.

I'm confused, so chrono trigger is ONE of the best rpg's of all time but THE best rpg it is not even close?

Yes.

It's in the discussion of the great RPG's. but that absolute greatest no it's not close. I maybe could have worded that a bit differently. I have mad respect for Chrono Trigger but I could name 10 RPG's from just the 7th gen that are superior to it.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

Its definitely up there at the very least. Excellent game, still enjoyable even today.

I'd give that honour to one of Suikoden 2, Baldur's Gate 2 or Final Fantasy IX.

I think all 3 are actually leagues ahead of Chrono Trigger.

ps3-sales! said:
Sprash said:

I'm confused, so chrono trigger is ONE of the best rpg's of all time but THE best rpg it is not even close?

Yes.

It's in the discussion of the great RPG's. but that absolute greatest no it's not close. I maybe could have worded that a bit differently. I have mad respect for Chrono Trigger but I could name 10 RPG's from just the 7th gen that are superior to it.

This really must be a joke

haven't played Chrono Trigger though, any version which i could play it? which is the best version? DS? is it available as a VC for WiiU?

Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy III (VI) are the two greatest JRPGs of all time, and are up there for the greatest RPGs of all time overall.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.