By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Electronic Arts - Please Make A Console

If that meant they'd go down, sure.

Around the Network

They have an streaming games service available on Comcast hardware - they exclusively provide the content to it.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Not sure if you are joking or not, but that would be horrible at the very least for EA, probably also for the rest of the industry.

I'm sure Activision or 2K would love to snab the Fifa license if it happened though.

Ka-pi96 said:
Teeqoz said:
Not sure if you are joking or not, but that would be horrible at the very least for EA, probably also for the rest of the industry.

I'm sure Activision or 2K would love to snab the Fifa license if it happened though.

Would it really be worth anything? I mean one would assume EA own the FIFA IP so they would probably have to name their actual games something else anyways. The FIFA licence by itself doesn't have any leagues, teams or players. They are all separate licences.

You know what I meant!

AnthonyW86 said:

You do realize that would mean they lose all sports licenses right?

See, zero downsides.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
Didn't they try it with the 3DO? Or was it former EA execs that were involved.

3DO was actually a specification for hardware which other manufacturers licensed from 3DO (the software developer).

However, I think there were some very favourable software royalty rates as a result, because hardware manufacturers also paid royalties?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

noname2200 said:
AnthonyW86 said:

See, zero downsides.

Bad news: It would fracture the industry.

Good news: EA goes bye bye.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
noname2200 said:
AnthonyW86 said:

See, zero downsides.

Bad news: It would fracture the industry.

Good news: EA goes bye bye.

You know what? A "FIFA" Console... would probably do a lot better than people think if it was released at the right time. Chuck in the Star Wars license, Need for Speed, Dragon Age etc and you'd be surprised. The problem would be, it would mean investment in hardware R&D. I was going to say EA would be more likely to ally with Steam... but they'd probably try to leverage the Sims franchise too and pimp Origin so surely an unstoppable force! haha.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I have thought of a world where all developers join to make a console that suits their taste... mostly 3rd party devs, but still. A dream is a dream.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

zippy said:
Great idea, Nintendo could then pledge their full support and tell them to fuck off just after launch.