By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Electronic Arts - Please Make A Console

Slarvax said:
I have thought of a world where all developers join to make a console that suits their taste... mostly 3rd party devs, but still. A dream is a dream.

Going by what devs said before the launch of PS4 (also known as PR BS) thats exactly what the PS4 was

Around the Network

With their current model, they would be releasing a new console every year :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

eww no way lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

EA doesn't want the additional cost associated with manufacturing and shipping hardware on that scale. They are much more interesting in service based gaming like streaming and EA Access.

Yeah, they'd lose Fifa, they'd lose Madden, they'd lose NHL, they'd lose Star Wars. Pretty much all of their licenced games would be gone, so they'd be left with in-house IP: Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Battlefield.

It would probably get less 3rd party support than Wii U.

In short, an EA console would flop within a year, which is why EA has never done it and will never do it. Hardware is a mug's game which generates little by way of direct profits, unless you're a Nintendo handheld.

It is more likely, though not very likely, that EA would go into a joint venture with a company like Samsung to launch a new console, with EA's in-house IP exclusive. I give EA going it alone with a console about a 0.001% chance of happening. I give a joint venture about a 0.01% chance of happening.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
eww no way lol

What, not a believer in quarantines?

They'd release a new model every year and force you to subscribe to so lame and expensive service.

That would be awful in all honestly. It would most likely fail as well.

noname2200 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
eww no way lol

What, not a believer in quarantines?

EA games are not simply good enough to warrant their own console

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Not sure how well a EA console would do tbh.
I dont see them beating out nintendo,playstation or xbox.

They would probably be the smallest guy of the bunch, and end up loseing alot of money on it.

Slarvax said:
I have thought of a world where all developers join to make a console that suits their taste... mostly 3rd party devs, but still. A dream is a dream.

Isnt that basically what the PS4 is?

They went around and talked to all the big 3rd party players, and got a feel for what they actualy wanted out of a console, and took that into consideration when designing it.

It was made to be a dev. dream to develope for, because of all the negativity around how hard the PS3 was to program for.