By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge: The 100 Greatest Video Games

Carl2291 said:
bigtakilla said:

Oh, so MORE popularity.

Way to ignore the rest of my post.

You are yet to say what is so bad about Minecraft. Please tell us.

Nothing, but mediocrity shouldn't get you top 10 greatest game. 

Around the Network

Not even funny anymore, the most random list I have seen so far.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

I personally don't like this list very much... :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

bigtakilla said:

Minecraft really isnt mediocre though, it excels in its genre; forever growing and improving, theres no other game that comes close. Head and shoulders above the rest.

Carl2291 said:
bigtakilla said:

Minecraft really isnt mediocre though, it excels in its genre; forever growing and improving, theres no other game that comes close. Head and shoulders above the rest.

What about knees and toes though?

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
DerNebel said:

That's what I'm saying, the game isn't just better than "not great". It's a ridiculously brilliant game for kids and creative people in general.

I can't think of any other game that gives you as many possibilities to just make what you desire as this does, while with the whole Redstone stuff also teaching you a whole bunch of logical thinking skills. Take all the historical importance of Super Mario Bros (the game, whose absence on the list seems to be bothering you the most) away and what are you left with by todays standards? A simplistic jump and run.

Take all the meaning and popularity behind Minecraft away and you still have the same game giving you all these almost limitless possibilities.

Yeah, because it's soundtrack isn't world renown. ;)

Well whoop-de-freaking-do a soundtrack, great. Nier has a brilliant soundtrack as well, I guess that should be at the top of the list as well.

You should stop trying to undersell Minecraft just because you don't enjoy it, it is brilliant at what it does.

DerNebel said:
bigtakilla said:
DerNebel said:

That's what I'm saying, the game isn't just better than "not great". It's a ridiculously brilliant game for kids and creative people in general.

I can't think of any other game that gives you as many possibilities to just make what you desire as this does, while with the whole Redstone stuff also teaching you a whole bunch of logical thinking skills. Take all the historical importance of Super Mario Bros (the game, whose absence on the list seems to be bothering you the most) away and what are you left with by todays standards? A simplistic jump and run.

Take all the meaning and popularity behind Minecraft away and you still have the same game giving you all these almost limitless possibilities.

Yeah, because it's soundtrack isn't world renown. ;)

Well whoop-de-freaking-do a soundtrack, great. Nier has a brilliant soundtrack as well, I guess that should be at the top of the list as well.

You should stop trying to undersell Minecraft just because you don't enjoy it, it is brilliant at what it does.

Still more than minecraft has going on for it.

Well this list was.....interesting to say the least.

I don't expect people to have the same opinions as me but my god, I personally think the list is mostly awful.
Of course there are a ton of great games in there that deserve to be there, but even then, where they are ranked and some of the games that are above and below them baffle me.

Besides putting a bunch of Mario and Zeldas on there they seem to try to have kept it at mostly 1 game per franchise. Which confuses me even more as how the main FF game that was picked was XII, If you're only picking one it almost has to be VI or VII (even a few others could make exceptions).

Mostly sad about the lack of Chrono Trigger and the original Super Mario Bros. though.

Oh well, maybe I'll make my own list and see how it goes :D

metroid prime at 65? ok I´m done with this list

Here's the games I'd save that are on the list:

Sh1nn said:
99 - Spec Ops: The Line
96 - Braid
91 - Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
86 - F-Zero GX
78 - CoD 4: Modern Warfare
76 - Tearaway
74 - Super Meat Boy
65 - Metroid Prime
56 - FTL Advanced Edition
54 - Mass Effect 2
51 - XCOM: Enemy Unknown
38 - Vanquish
27 - Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
23 - Uncharted 2
22 - Ico
20 - Demon's Souls
19 - Advance Wars
14 - Red Dead Redemption
13 - Super Mario 64
12 - Portal
9 - Resident Evil 4
8 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3 - The Last of Us
1 - Dark Souls

24 choices out of 100. And mind you, that's probably not the order I'd put them, I just merely saved them.

So I think it's safe to say I don't agree with Edge here. Even here, with this "saved" list of mine, there are some random things, like FTL being below Metroid Prime, or Ocarina of Time below Wind Waker; Demon's and Dark souls so far from each other, and picking Mass Effect 2 over the first one (among some other nitpicks) which make me disagree with the list even more.