By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge: The 100 Greatest Video Games

Only 19 Nintendo games, list is shit!

But seriously FE: A is not that great.

Top 5 is really bad, looks like it was made by a Souls fanboy.

Around the Network

I am guessing people that made this list started playing games in 2007 (and really like From Software!) because the amount of recent titles that dominate this list is silly.

I'll just assume none of them played Chrono Trigger as cannot understand not having that in least top 20, much less top 100.

Carl2291 said:
Dont see the problems with having Minecraft so high up the list. It excels in its genre, spawned a thousand clones and continues to chart; Minecraft is arguably one of the 5 generation defining videogames of its time (the others being Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Call of Duty 4 and World of Warcraft).

Cool list. Lots of big names left out, but thats always the case with these lists.

No Baldur's Gate 2, Valkyria Chronicles or Suikoden 2 is my own personal gripe.

So did the original Super Mario Bros. Why isn't it #1 then? It's about the greatest video games, and despite popularity Minecraft is not one of the greatest games.

Only one Final Fantasy game and they chose XII? Besides that, the rest of the list is terrible too. Way, way too many games from this generation.

bigtakilla said:
Carl2291 said:
Dont see the problems with having Minecraft so high up the list. It excels in its genre, spawned a thousand clones and continues to chart; Minecraft is arguably one of the 5 generation defining videogames of its time (the others being Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Call of Duty 4 and World of Warcraft).

Cool list. Lots of big names left out, but thats always the case with these lists.

It's about the greatest video games, and despite popularity Minecraft is not one of the greatest games.

You could say this about almost every game at the top of most of these lists. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Sorry, one list of the 100 greatest games ever made without a single Pokemon is bullshit. And FFXII the best Final Fantasy ever made is a bad joke hahaha.

outlawauron said:
bigtakilla said:

It's about the greatest video games, and despite popularity Minecraft is not one of the greatest games.

You could say this about almost every game at the top of most of these lists. 

Then explain what Minecraft does so well that it deserves to be top of the list. I can argue several reasons (story, soundtrack, controls, ect) why other games deserve to be on the list.

LOL, troll list is successful. Would've been better if they included The Order 1886 and Sonic '06 / Sonic Boom somewhere in there as well, because hey, why not?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Well its only one persons opinion I presume. I strognly disagree with it. Many odd choices on this list. Why bomberman but not any of the sequels which are infinitely better.

Just a real strange list. Who would ever put driveclub in a list like this with all the issues it had?

Would like to no what the parameters were for this list.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

bigtakilla said:
Carl2291 said:

So did the original Super Mario Bros. Why isn't it #1 then? It's about the greatest video games, and despite popularity Minecraft is not one of the greatest games.

Explain what's not great about it then? I personally believe Minecraft is one of the, if not the best game for kids to ever exist.