By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - How would you "improve" the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy?

AbbathTheGrim said:

So I ask you, what would you propose changing, adding, removing, reworking, etc. in order to make the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy enjoyable films?

Take off, and nuke it from orbit. 

It's the only way to be sure...

Around the Network

Less CGI, remove Jar Jar, he is in fact, not the key to all of this. And we don't need Midochlorians.
Make the first movie, in between Episode 1 and Episode 2, so we see Anakin's training. Character growth anyone?

Turn Padme into a Villian, or at least make her more flawed, I love the idea that Padme tempts Anakin and in his love for her he is seduced by the Dark Side.

Stop trying to make it a kids movie.

Obi-wan's training was incomplete, so his training of Anakin would not only be flawed, leading perfectly to Anakin's betrayal, but also to him learning from his mistakes.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

By pretending they never hapened

There are only 3 Star Wars movies, and now they are making a 4th.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

background CGI has to go and have some real sets 
episode 3 was decent but still cgi has to go
episode 2 clone wars has to be deleted completely nothing worked and make something new (new story)
episode 1 has promising elements one of the best villains but it was just half a movie like an episode from a TV show ( i still love it though)

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

What needs to be done is to shorten stuff. The pod race is too long. The fight with darth maul shouldn't of been wrapped up in one film. Episode 2's love parts were completely stupid. And needs a overhaul. The Clone Trooper part is fine. But have the clone match Bobafett's original voice.

Not the one they used. And then changed in 5-6. The political part was too hidden. It needed to be explained more. Darth Maul needed more. This is were removing half the pod race would come in handy. Ep3 I have no comment. I didn't watch it because I hated 1 and 2. Get rid of R2's rockets. Never mension meticlorians. Or however they're spelled. We don't need bugs that are your force Power Level. Get rid of Jarjar cometply. Have them find a gungan. but than get rid of him at their city.

I actually like episode III. But: erase Jar-jar Binks, re-cast Annakin and Padme actors, make the love story between them less cheesy, improve the dialogues (there are some lines that are just awful)... It's not a very good trilogy, Episode III saves it a little, but it's not enough.

bigtakilla said:

How would I fix the prequels? Slowly build up the relationship between Padme and Anakin, as well as Obi Won and Anakin. Not just a we don't know each other to we are best friends/lovers.

Have the personalities of the characters of the prequels slowly evolve to resemble those of them from the older movies. How did Anakin become a leader of the Sith in the older movies when at the end of the prequels he was an emotional wreck and still very impulsive. How did Obi Wan change from a front line soldier to a wise sage? You don't have prequels that end so fractured from the original films. Prequels are supposed to make you feel like you know the whole storybut with Star Wars there still seems like giant chunks of the middle of the story is missing.

*Edit*

Oh, and have the story far more character driven. Having it politic driven was absolutely freaking BORING!!!!

Exactly, that's why I'm saying make episode 1 in between episode 1 and 2, the training part that was glossed over. Basically nothing happened in the original episode 1. 

We'd so Obiwan and Anakin's personality a lot better.

I also like the idea of Padme as a temptress rather than a disney princess. She really had nothing to lose by being with Anakin, while Anakin had everything to lose by being with her. Make Padme more of an active force even evil a bit,

Hell, have Padme and Palpatine work together, then everything would all make sense.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

The prequels have two problems. The first is that they have deadpan pacing that never speeds up or slows down. It's like looking at a black and white photograph of a rainbow because the pacing doesn't evoke feelings.

The second is that after Boba Fett in the original trilogy, Lucas became outright paranoid of people liking villains. You IDIOT. Villains are more important than your heros because they have to evoke both feelings of attachment and disgust.

The way to fix the story goes back to Darth Maul.

1) Introduce a third sith in Phantom Menace--Maul's Girlfriend. Maul has been bleeding in the direction of a gray jedi because he's in a stable relationship, but Sidious isn't comfortable with three sith. So he sends both to Tatooine knowing one will die. Girlfriend and Qui-Gon trade lethal blows, and Maul suddenly becomes a true Sith. Sidious becomes a despicable villain and his henchman becomes a tragic pawn. Bonus points for using the pod race as eye candy while you establish Maul and Girlfriend's relationship.

2) Mitochlorians are dumb. You don't need a scientific way of proving Anakin is the Chosen One. You just need Qui Gon to believe it. Props for ripping off Mitochondria from Parasite Eve--totally wasn't expecting that--but Star Wars is a fantasy setting, not a science fiction one. Hard SF explanations will fail in high fantasy settings 100% of the time.

3) No more Count Dooku. Or General Grievous, for that matter. Maul is the only villain you need for most of the trilogy, and he can control his anger enough to do the same things.

4) I'll go out on a limb, Jar Jar is not actually a bad comic relief character. It's just the bland, heartless pacing the prequels have ruins his delivery on already iffy jokes and the gungan species design is...disgusting. Personally, I would just rewrite him as a luck tank and forget trying to be funny.

spemanig said:
97alexk said:

star wars episode 3 is my fave movie of all time, so im fine. The prequel hate is just stupid

No, it's not. It's a terribly written trilogy.

pls stop it , im tired of hearing the same shit over again, thanks