By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The start of the end for Assassin's Creed?

Just curious what others think here, because maybe it's just me, but I definitely feel like AC is a bit lost in the mix of high profile releases this year. Obviously I'm not suggesting AC isn't high profile itself, but of all the big holiday titles coming out this year, this is the one that there just doesn't seem to be much excitement for. I see gamers hyped for CoD, Battlefront, Halo, Tomb Raider, Fallout, and of course recently we had MGSV and hell even Taken King that all have/had people amped up, itching to get their hands on it.

Nobody seems to be talking about AC Syndicate at all. Hell I don't even see much in the way of advertisement for it, which strikes me as rather odd considering the game is quite close to release now. Usually the big sites would be doing much more coverage on this franchise so close to release.

So why is that? Is it simply a bad year? Overshadowed in a crowded year, and still reeling off the issues of last year's game? Are we seeing the start of a more permanent decline? Or am I just looking in all the wrong places and people are actually plenty excited about this game?

Around the Network

I'm not feeling it at all. Overall hype and excitement seems very low at the moment.

Guess COD, star wars, fallout, Destiny, and others are just more appealing this year, plus last year's unity disaster.

It's definitively overshadowed by the competition. But after Unity's broken launch and the fact that Ubisoft is releasing at least one new AC per year, people are getting tired about it.

By the way, when do you think Ubisoft will remaster the first two ACs for modern consoles?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

It depends on the websites you visits. Vgc members never cared much for Assassin's creed but neither did they for COD (or the Destiny expansion) and we all know how well it's been doing. I expect it to do worse than last year, but not as bad as the lack of hype would suggest.

Cause they went back to a city.. AC4 Black Flag was refreshing and great.. Unity went back to AC2 and isn't even as good as that game

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Lastest threads with new bits of info I made here have barely generated any responses.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=208470&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=208059&page=1

At least here in VGChartz the game is not that hot apparently.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Hopefully, the franchise had so much potential and they wasted it imo. If sales start to go down maybe they'll put more effort and time into it

Honestly, I think Ubisoft just haven't been marketing as hard... Which is oddly sort of a shame, because AC Syndicate looks like a really good turnaround for the series, in many ways.

Assassins Creed has always been niche globally in the US, but phil spencer will probably say something about it and it will do fine.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

IMO has to mainly do with the unity launch. People are tired of Ubisoft and their lack of quality I guess, but that's what I think.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)