By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer accuses Sony of buying FFXIV console exclusivity

Let's kill him

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
Actually SE try to make a deal with Microsoft many times, but Microsoft refuse it , but then Phil suddenly say the other way around. Phil act just make me feel sorry for all Xbox fan who depend their console life with Phil, this guy is just another PR disaster.

lol don't be sorry for us xbox gamers, there really isn't any need to. Some people are desperately trying to make him look worse by reading too much into interviews like this 😎 in the end he's doing good PR. But yeah, nothing significant is being discussed here so moving on --->

He should get back to helping people find houses on Channel 4.

....haha, classic.

Hmm, pie.

As everyone else has pointed out, Square has specifically said that FFXIV isn't on Xbox One because Microsoft won't allow cross-server play with PlayStation. As seen with recent announcement of Dragon Quest X on PS4, we can likely guess that cross-play between PlayStation platforms and Nintendo platforms isn't as big a deal.

While this is only one game for the time being, I can only see this hurting Xbox One in the long run, especially if the gap between PS4 and Xbox One continues to grow. In the medium-term, I can see this policy preventing XB1 from getting a game like Rocket League. But further down the line, I can see developers that make MMOs pushing for PS4 and PC cross-play as opposed to separate servers for PS4, PC, and Xbox One, since maintaining a strong, single user base is essential to those types of games.

Phil Spencer the new Don Mattrick confirmed! and wuhu Don Mattrick is back.

Around the Network
Sprash said:

Phil Spencer the new Don Mattrick confirmed! and wuhu Don Mattrick is back.

This Device is for people who want to watch tv!

Good to have him Back.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Aerys said:

Well thats why i liked him more, hé was honest, not spinning, juste telling to every one what was their strategy, hé was not some Kinda of good talker using demagogy to pût gamers in this pocket 

I'm not saying Mattrick was Jesus or anything, but he did "Resign" for Microsoft Xbox's "Sins"

Hes more like the hero they needed, but didnt deserve.

Yes, he is like batman, he took all the blame and did what they needed someone to do

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Squares explanation for this matter is ancient and is very very different. Basicaly they said MS wanted a separate comunity for Xbox players, they wouldnt acept a joint PC/PS?Xbox comunity and Square didnt want that so they passed on launching theyre MMO on MS consoles. Now passing on launching on MS might mean they made a deal with Sony, but Squenix wanted to release on MS and it was MS's own fault they didnt (according to Squenix themselves, wich may or may not be true).

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
DonFerrari said:
Finally showing more of his true colors.

I've said this since the beginning, but nobody wanted to listen!

Never deceived me... never lost the chance to give a low blow on competitors or spin the truth, but MS fans love to think he is a loving father.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

pbroy said:
Who cares? Xbone has BC!!! 🎉🎊🎇

People can try and find faults in everything this guy says to try and make M$ look bad, but that won't take away from the goodness of BC that he has brought and almost made the world shit for days... 😍

XB1 BC is all but useless, every game worth playing on 360 is being remastered, and very few publishers are intrested in letting MS allow their games to be played on XB1 through BC, when they can put out a resmastered version and make some more money.