By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer accuses Sony of buying FFXIV console exclusivity

I prefered Don Mattrick, hé was less pathetic

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Not even GAF is spinning it as hard as some in here are. He didn't even mention Sony, lol.

Mr. Spencer is saying sth. completely different to what Square Enix had to say about this issue is not the point?

By all means, do tell what is Mr. Spencers true message. Is he trying to tell us that Microsoft doesn't need Final Fantasy and they have something much better up their sleeves?

Hunting Season is done...

I'm against this practice. But's pretty hypocritical because Tomb Raider is actually exclusive for an entire year and that's moneyhatting.

Aerys said:

Nawidontknowboutthat...

Hunting Season is done...

Zoombael said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Not even GAF is spinning it as hard as some in here are. He didn't even mention Sony, lol.

Mr. Spencer is saying sth. completely different to what Square Enix had to say about this issue is not the point?

By all means, do tell what is Mr. Spencers true message. Is he trying to tell us that Microsoft doesn't need Final Fantasy and they have something much better up their sleeves?

He doesn't know yet, the next meeting is on Wednesday night.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

SE always bends over to Sony, that's nothing new.

Also every console maker has bought and will buy third party games.

Nintendo: Bayonetta 2, Genei Ibun Roku #FE, Pokken Tournament, SSB4 (made by a third party studio), Star Fox Zero, TW101, Hyrule Warriors

Sony: R & C, Bloodborne

MS: Recore, Scalebound

Yeah, No!

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Zoombael said:
Aerys said:

Nawidontknowboutthat...

Well thats why i liked him more, hé was honest, not spinning, juste telling to every one what was their strategy, hé was not some Kinda of good talker using demagogy to pût gamers in this pocket 

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Samus Aran said:

SE always bends over to Sony, that's nothing new.

Also every console maker has bought and will buy third party games.

Nintendo: Bayonetta 2, Genei Ibun Roku #FE, Pokken Tournament, SSB4 (made by a third party studio), Star Fox Zero, TW101, Hyrule Warriors

Sony: R & C, Bloodborne

MS: Recore, Scalebound

How did you get away with this post without someone calling you out on it? Everyone knows the story about Bayonetta 2. Pokken, SSB4, Star Fox, and Hyrule Warriors are all games using IPs that Nintendo owns. These games are certainly not third party (I can maybe see your argument about Pokken and HW, but I still wouldn't call them third party).

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Puppyroach said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Puppyroach said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

SE said themselves its because Microsoft won't allow cross-play.

But it has been allowed for quite some time in Xbox?

OT: He's right, it is a business decision and we will ask life with, just like we always have. I have no problem with these deals but it is of course annoying when your favorite game end up on a competing platform exclusively.

What game has allowed cross-play with Playstation?

I misread, I thought people meant crossplay with PC which MS announced at the beginning of 2015.

Well I remember SE saying they don't wanna fracture the community in TWO so there has to be cross-play between all three platforms.

LudicrousSpeed said:
He didn't mention Sony by name.

FTFY

Let's piece this together, shall we?

- FFXIV is on PS3, PS4, and PC
- Phil was asked why FFXIV is not on the XBO, in which he said that a 3rd party exclusivity deal was involved
- A deal involves two (or more) companies. Square Enix is the obvious one since it made the game, so who's the 2nd company? Well, which company makes the PS3 and PS4...?