By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer accuses Sony of buying FFXIV console exclusivity

Wagram said:
Deals arise all the time, but in this instance he's full of shit. The XIV dev team has been talking for years about wanting to get it onto Xbox, but their draconian policies don't allow it.

This.

Phils spencer is ridiculous. FF14 is only "exclusive" to ps4 because Ms don't want cross-online between Xbox and psn.

Around the Network

ehem...because MS would never moneyhat a franchise....looking at you Tomb Raider....I guess his justification for that one would be, that it's only a timed exclusive, but it's the same principle really...

padib said:
Here, children, you will find an xbox topic full of Sony fans, a topic involving a head of xbox complaining about a situation in the industry.

Some resulting common root terms are:
"Salt", "Spin", (emoticons), "lol", "full of shit", "Reggie", "lie", "idiot", "fake"

Pointing out what people are saying isn't defending unless you show facts supporting Phils claims. 

The cross platform thing is a new one to me because I think sony would be against linking up with XBL just like ms are against linking with psn. But if square Enix are saying it, there must be some truth. 

As for the Phil thing, they pushed the nice guy thing to much and it does seem fake as apposed to Yoshida who seems a lot more honest and genuine. 

Then we have Phil announcing all the major X1 stuff. He wants to be liked so much, he wants to be seen that he has the gamers at heart. He wants to be seen as the saviour of X1. It just doesn't seem genuine though. Ms are happy to let him play this role as a one man savior. If things go tits up, they only have to chop one head off. 

padib said:
Here, children, you will find an xbox topic full of Sony fans, a topic involving a head of xbox complaining about a situation in the industry.

"Salt", "Spin", (emoticons), "lol", "full of shit", "Reggie", "lie", "idiot", "fake"

Phil was talking about sony buying exclusivity for FFXIV when in reality, the game is not on the xbox one because of Phil's choice on cross-play with playstation consoles. Gee, I wonder why sony fans are posting in the thread....

padib said:

Here, children, you will find a topic in the Gaming Discussion where Phil Spencer talks about SONY. What gives sony fans the right to talk about this topic?

Around the Network

All Sony should do is accuse Microsoft of creating an inferior product ;)

padib said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Pointing out what people are saying isn't defending unless you show facts supporting Phils claims. 

The cross platform thing is a new one to me because I think sony would be against linking up with XBL just like ms are against linking with psn. But if square Enix are saying it, there must be some truth. 

As for the Phil thing, they pushed the nice guy thing to much and it does seem fake as apposed to Yoshida who seems a lot more honest and genuine. 

Then we have Phil announcing all the major X1 stuff. He wants to be liked so much, he wants to be seen that he has the gamers at heart. He wants to be seen as the saviour of X1. It just doesn't seem genuine though. Ms are happy to let him play this role as a one man savior. If things go tits up, they only have to chop one head off. 

Of course you are right. I wasn't defeding him.

Remember, I'm a Nintendo fan. In these Sony vs MS cases, I just watch and smirk.

Lol they are entertaining. 

Not even GAF is spinning it as hard as some in here are. He didn't even mention Sony, lol.

SWORDF1SH said:
padib said:

As for the Phil thing, they pushed the nice guy thing to much and it does seem fake as apposed to Yoshida who seems a lot more honest and genuine

One should not be fooled by this friendly round quirky smiling face. He means 'business'. Sony put on their sap gloves some time ago while MS is still trying to figure out how to get off those soft boxing gloves. The punches are coming in fast and hard. Microsoft is spitting blood, teeth, bone... i wonder... is this fight fixed?

Hunting Season is done...

What goes around,comes around...Doesn't it Phil? You would have done the exact same thing if Xbox was at the top now,so don't you come here with those weak excuses that "You are not a fan of...blah blah blah"