By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Konami Is Done With AAA Console Games; Tech Director Quits

Xxain said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Really...the creator and developer of the series has no vision of it, that's why he requested his name removed from the game.

I know what Konami's vision is for MGS, Erotic Violence: Guns of the Patriots.

? What are you taking about? 

This:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/07/konami-removes-kojimas-name-from-metal-gear-solid-v-box-art/

And This:

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

so MGS5 will be my last Konami game after all...

All you have to do is look at what Konami has offered this gen (MGS & PE) and compare it to previous gens. Also compare their mobile offerings before this gen and this gen. It's very clear that they have changed their strategy.  

Xxain said:
Thats fine. Ask yourself- outside of MGS what AAA games does Konami have?

Castlevania -We love it NOT AAA
Suikoden - Always been leagues behind JRPG bar
Contra - Arcade run n Gun
Silent Hill - always B class budget

KONAMI HAS NEVER BEEN A 'AAA' DEVELOPER. EVER!!!

Most of KONAMI IP's are arcade games that dont require AAA Budget!!!!. Do you guys even know KONAMI? Whats the problem?

When you say "never," you are of course excluding the lengthy arcade era, and basically starting during the Playstation era. Also Metal Gear Solid, although that part at least comes through in your post, poor drafting notwithstanding.

noname2200 said:
Xxain said:
Thats fine. Ask yourself- outside of MGS what AAA games does Konami have?

Castlevania -We love it NOT AAA
Suikoden - Always been leagues behind JRPG bar
Contra - Arcade run n Gun
Silent Hill - always B class budget

KONAMI HAS NEVER BEEN A 'AAA' DEVELOPER. EVER!!!

Most of KONAMI IP's are arcade games that dont require AAA Budget!!!!. Do you guys even know KONAMI? Whats the problem?

When you say "never," you are of course excluding the lengthy arcade era, and basically starting during the Playstation era. Also Metal Gear Solid, although that part at least comes through in your post, poor drafting notwithstanding.

Understand his plight, he is between stage 1 denial and stage 2 anger. Most of us are already in stage 5 - acceptance. #Fuckonami

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

I do not buy it. They have too many gold mines on their hands to NEVER to any AAA games again. Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Castlevannia, Contra to name a few. I can already see a prequel Metal Gear Solid 6 with The Boss, also known as The Joy with her Squad aka The Cobra Unit - The Pain, The Fear, The End, The Fury, The Sorrow along with the SAS during their heyday in World War 2 killing Nazi's behind enemy lines! That would be AMAZING!
I got ideas just as good for Contra, Silent Hill & Castlevannia. They need to hire me as a writer for their games stories! lol

BTW, Castlevannis is a AAA imo. I liked the side-scrolls of the NES/SNES, but then the 3D AAA games on PS2 rox too imo.

Contra if done right could be an amazing 3rd or 1st person shooter. It does not have to be an arcade side-sroll.

Silent Hill is one of if not the best Survival Horror game of all-time. It is not a B game imo once again if done right and PT showed it was well on it;s way to Ubahness.

Suikoden - Always been leagues behind JRPG bar?!.. That is an opinion and once again has the potential to be amazing. "if done right".