By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Konami Is Done With AAA Console Games; Tech Director Quits

LuckyTrouble said:
Psh, like they'll sell any of their IP. Selling an IP means less pachinko machines and less crappy cash-in mobile games. We all knew that survey was just to figure out which series to abuse with a terrible mobile game first.

They won't ever sell an IP, but they will, hopefully, licence IP for making future console games, with potentially lucrative royalties without having to do any work other than paying lawyers to make sure the licencing agreement is good for them.

It means pretty open season for the big IP. I don't think Silent Hill being bought licenced by Sony, MS or Nintendo is that big of a deal. But if MGS was licenced by MS or Nintendo that would be a megaton, if they hire Kojima and allow him to carry on his vision MGS fans WILL buy whatever cnsole it comes to. It will be an interesting next year or so to see what licencing announcements get made.

Someone should make a thread listing all the main Konami IP and do a prediction league about whether the IP will gert liceneced and to whom.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
LuckyTrouble said:
Psh, like they'll sell any of their IP. Selling an IP means less pachinko machines and less crappy cash-in mobile games. We all knew that survey was just to figure out which series to abuse with a terrible mobile game first.

They won't ever sell an IP, but they will, hopefully, licence IP for making future console games, with potentially lucrative royalties without having to do any work other than paying lawyers to make sure the licencing agreement is good for them.

It means pretty open season for the big IP. I don't think Silent Hill being bought licenced by Sony, MS or Nintendo is that big of a deal. But if MGS was licenced by MS or Nintendo that would be a megaton, if they hire Kojima and allow him to carry on his vision MGS fans WILL buy whatever cnsole it comes to. It will be an interesting next year or so to see what licencing announcements get made.

Someone should make a thread listing all the main Konami IP and do a prediction league about whether the IP will gert liceneced and to whom.

Kojima does not have a vision for MGS, because he's done with it. He made it very clear he wanted to move on a long time ago. It would not shock me if the fallout also involved Kojima refusing anymore MGS. 

Soundwave said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1113985

Buh bye Konami of old. They are ceasing AAA console development on franchises aside from Pro Evolution Soccer. Their tech director has quit as they shift focus to mobile games. 

Give your franchises to Nintendo plz, Castlevania and Contra and Metal Gear. 

Lol what is Nintendo gonna do with Metal Gear?

KLXVER said:
What happened to their survey of which games we want to see from them?

Lol, that reminds me of people who were defending Konami, saying that the survey definitely meant they were for the gamers and were making more AAA games.  Sure...

thismeintiel said:
KLXVER said:

Lol, that reminds me of people who were defending Konami, saying that the survey definitely meant they were for the gamers and were making more AAA games.  Sure...

Konami is dead to me and Im OK with it...

Konami of now I mean. I will always love 8 and 16bit Konami.

Around the Network
Xxain said:

Kojima does not have a vision for MGS, because he's done with it. He made it very clear he wanted to move on a long time ago. It would not shock me if the fallout also involved Kojima refusing anymore MGS. 

Really...the creator and developer of the series has no vision of it, that's why he requested his name removed from the game.

I know what Konami's vision is for MGS, Erotic Violence: Guns of the Patriots.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

KLXVER said:
thismeintiel said:
KLXVER said:

Konami is dead to me and Im OK with it...

Konami of now I mean. I will always love 8 and 16bit Konami.

32 bit era Konami wasn't too bad, either.

thismeintiel said:

32 bit era Konami wasn't too bad, either.

True.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Xxain said:

Really...the creator and developer of the series has no vision of it, that's why he requested his name removed from the game.

I know what Konami's vision is for MGS, Erotic Violence: Guns of the Patriots.

? What are you taking about?