By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kotaku: Destiny: The Taken King Leaves Players Who Didn't Upgrade Behind

Gamers do expect to much nowadays. But if they are taking stuff out of the original to shift their DLC, it wrong and the "deal with it " attitude just opens up another doorway for publishers to exercise another bad practice to get more money.

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
Gamers do expect to much nowadays. But if they are taking stuff out of the original to shift their DLC, it wrong and the "deal with it " attitude just opens up another doorway for publishers to exercise another bad practice to get more money.

first bold: They are.

second bold: I feel based on Destiny's success (hell I bought TTK and am loving it despite my feelings regarding their current DLC practices) we will see this avenue explored much more in the future, especially on new IPs.  Though it wouldn't surprise me if they implement on established IPs as well.

that's pretty despicable on their part.

Looks like I made a smart decision to sell the original game two weeks after release. Wish I did the same to Evolve T_T.

mymuro said:

Looks like I made a smart decision to sell the original game two weeks after release. Wish I did the same to Evolve T_T.

I bought Evolve digital.  I feel your pain.