By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Names Their Top 25 Wii U Games

Wow interesting list indeed.

thanks for sharing!

Switch!!!

Around the Network

Oh, its a super Mario maker hype thread.

Its way too early for top 25's. theres still quite a bit of interesting suff coming that might incur on the list.

I can't be more disapointing with this garbage list
TW101 deserves a spot in the list
DKC:TF is crminally too low
SPLATOON & BAYO 2 deserves to be higher
SMM is not my #1 in any case
DEUS EX / NINTENDOLAND / ZOMBI U ... where are they?
YOSHI WW / FATAL FRAME / XENOBLADE will change this list soon

They sould do a Top 10 indie / download games alone

Splatoon is the best game on that system and I'd put money on it being that way at the end of this generation. We will all look back and remember the Wii-U for creating that IP and bringing it to the masses.

Miyamotoo said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Also, I hope the lack of Yoshi´s Woolly World is only due to the fact that is not released on NA yet, because if they are trying to say me that Disney Infinity is better... ehhhhhh...

I think Yoshi is better game than at least 10 games from that list.

You are absolutely right.

Around the Network

i'll wait for the end of Wii U's life cycle to provide my own top 25 games. MK8 for me would be my top 1. SMM is slight favorite against Splatoon. and have to get a ton of playing time from my other wii u games to provide a good list.

A lot of NSMB hate going on in this thread. Personally I would've combined Mario and Luigi U into one slot because they're effectively two halves to one whole, but it definitely deserves to be on the list. Considering it's essentially the Super Mario World sequel everybody wanted, I'm surprised how hard you guys are riding on the Tropical Freeze wagon. Don't get me wrong, Tropical Freeze is my shit, but it's definitely too difficult for a lot of people, and that probably hurt its ranking. Same reason W101 is #25/26 (depending on how you wanna look at that typo they had at first); game's goddamn hard.

And in no way can Mario Maker feasibly be considered number one yet. The game is too shallow in terms of stock levels and the fan levels are currently overwhelmingly garbage. Once the good creators take over, maybe, but not after a week for sure.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

noname2200 said:
Let me be the first to make the lame joke: There Are 25 Wii U Games!?! lol

Donkey Kong is way too low, though.

Not as lame as the top 25.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Not a good list for a console of three years. Good for a second console in terms of exclusives, but overall could be a lot better.

No W101 on the list = Fail.