By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - Sep 7 - Sep 13 2015

tbone51 said:
MDMAlliance said:

The problem is that you are treating SMM like a traditional Mario game.   I think it did pretty well considering the type of game it is.

That and Mario Games are solely dependent on legs, not FW sales :)

Well, we don't quite know yet what kind of legs SMM will have, but I hope it will be good.  It's the kind of game that will benefit from it.

Around the Network
uran10 said:
Teeqoz said:

Is it any more domination than the usual? I mean, what you just said was true last week as well, did Nintendo dominate last week?

Um really? last time I check ps4 was at 50k+ last week and the best selling console. This week Wii U and 3DS are > PS4 and Vita. That is hardware domination.

Software we had MGSV on top, this week we have 2 titles on nintendo systems and the majority of games are nintendo.

Like I said, what he said (14 out of 20 titles in the top 20 being on Nintendo hardware) was also true last week, yet that obviously wasn't "Nintendo domination". So my point was how many titles there are on either brand of hardware in the top 20 is completely irrelevant to the question of which company "dominates".

3DS is always above the Vita. This week is nothing special in that regard. I mean, if the 3DS were to be below the Vita, that would be downright awful performance of the 3DS. Heck, even outselling it by 2.5 times like it did this week isn't particularly good all things considered.

The Wii U outsold the PS4.....By 3k.....With it's second biggest game of the year.... and that is domination? Like I said, the bar sure is low.

If anything, it's 3DS domination. But it's 3DS domination (nearly) every week so that's nothing special really. The Wii U is hardly "dominating" with these numbers.

Just my five cents anyway

Teeqoz said:
Like I said, what he said (14 out of 20 titles in the top 20 being on Nintendo hardware) was also true last week, yet that obviously wasn't "Nintendo domination". So my point was how many titles there are on either brand of hardware in the top 20 is completely irrelevant to the question of which company "dominates".

3DS is always above the Vita. This week is nothing special in that regard. I mean, if the 3DS were to be below the Vita, that would be downright awful performance of the 3DS. Heck, even outselling it by 2.5 times like it did this week isn't particularly good all things considered.

The Wii U outsold the PS4.....By 3k.....With it's second biggest game of the year.... and that is domination? Like I said, the bar sure is low.

If anything, it's 3DS domination. But it's 3DS domination (nearly) every week so that's nothing special really. The Wii U is hardly "dominating" with these numbers.

I said that in conjuction with over variables (which you ignored). 

The PS4 wins most NPD threads, yet each time we see "Sony domination" or "PS4 domination." Do you also criticize those people and say it's nothing special?

It's also not the Wii U's second biggest hardware mover this year. Software sales don't always correlate to hardware sales, especially when a franchise like Mario has already appeared on the Wii U a multitude of times at this point.

Let's be honest here, if the situation was reversed, you would absolutely say it's Sony domination. And yet here we are.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Wasn't the ps4 going to sell like crazy from now on? I guess not.

Nice boost for Wii U, disappointed but not surprised for SMM

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Steep drop for PS4 and MGS V.

PS4 sales will most likely drop even lower now that a price cut has been announced for October as well.

Skullwaker said:
Teeqoz said:

I said that in conjuction with over variables (which you ignored). 

The PS4 wins most NPD threads, yet each time we see "Sony domination" or "PS4 domination." Do you also criticize those people and say it's nothing special?

It's also not the Wii U's second biggest hardware mover this year. Software sales don't always correlate to hardware sales, especially when a franchise like Mario has already appeared on the Wii U a multitude of times at this point.

Let's be honest here, if the situation was reversed, you would absolutely say it's Sony domination. And yet here we are.

No I wouldn't. I would absolutely not call it Sony domination if the PS4 outsold the Wii U by 3k in Japan. If I would've been that type I could've easily taken the chance to say something like that last week. You can check last weeks media create to see if I said something like that. (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=207854&page=1). (Spoilers: I didn't).

I don't see many "Sony domination" or whatever posts in the NPD threads anymore (and thank God for that, completely contentless posts). In fact since you brought it up right now, I just checked, August NPD thread had one post saying "Playstation domination", (which was amusingly enough said by someone who to my knowledge is a MS+Ninty fan), and it got called out by someone who afaik is a Sony fan. As you may understand, it's a bit harder to read through a 400 post thread, where the post in question was posted while I was asleep (NPD releases at 00:30AM here, so I'm not awake for the most of it), and I'm not really the "domination police", so I don't go reading through a thread to call out people that say "xxxxx domination".

I guess we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one if you mean that this week is Nintendo domination.

A decent debut for SMM, but I'm expecting to have some great legs just like Splatoon!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

A decent debut for SMM, but I'm expecting to have some great legs just like Splatoon!

Yeah, it should enjoy continued high sales, both due to it being Mario, and because of the bundle. (And I know you weren't implying this, so this isn't directed at you or anything) but I'd be surprised if it could sell as much as Splatoon. It really has sold amazingly well.

Justagamer said:
Wasn't the ps4 going to sell like crazy from now on? I guess not.

Who said that? All I remember was people saying that sales for the week would increase like crazy... and it happened. If you check MGS4's first and second week on VGC, PS4 dropping like a rock is not a surprise.