By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - Sep 7 - Sep 13 2015

MDMAlliance said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
Looks like SMM did not do well for a mario game.

The problem is that you are treating SMM like a traditional Mario game.   I think it did pretty well considering the type of game it is.

That and Mario Games are solely dependent on legs, not FW sales :)

Around the Network

Good week for Nintendo 150k for SMM would have been better...

Switch!!!

Noooo, Vita finally gone sub 10k. Disappointing, but it should bounce back next week (new colours/World Trigger/Samurai Warriors/Resident Evil).

Otherwise, this was a dull week. Pretty poor sellthrough from MonHun. Mario Maker did well.

Wii U 20k+, nice! It fell in between my expectation of 20-25k. SMM over 135k, which is also what I predicted! Considering this is like the 4th Mario platformer on the Wii U, I think that's a very good result (not to mention the game will have huge legs). I think what's more important is that this game, like Splatoon, helps shift the baseline of the console.

Splatoon didn't suffer a massive drop (only 7%), so that's great! Another million seller for the 3DS with Animal Crossing HHD! DQVIII is having better legs than I thought it would. Might not crack a million, but I think 900k isn't unreasonable. I really hope the holidays benefit Yoshi. I really want to see it as a 100k+ seller in Japan.

MGSV and the PS4 had quite a massive drop, but I kind of expected it for MGSV. Don't think it will quite match what MGSIV did in Japan, but then again, that was to be expected. Vita had quite a hard fall as well. It really needs new releases and those new colors.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Teeqoz said:
You know the bar is low for Nintendo these days when this week is considered domination

3DS outselling the Vita 2.5 to one? Lifetime gap is what, 4.5 to one?

Wii U outselling the PS4 by 3k when the title with one of the highest launch weeks for a Wii U so far this year (second or the very biggest afaik, don't remember if Splatoon launched higher, just remember that they are close) just launched?

Sure, domination

When 14/20 of the titles in the chart are on Nintendo consoles, notably the top 2, and the best selling systems are Nintendo, it can be considered domination.

Around the Network
TheWPCTraveler said:
What is Band Brothers P and why do I want it localized?

Isn't it developed by IS and published by Nintendo?

Yep, it's a rhythm game published by Nintendo.

It had a boost this week due to the Splatoon cross promotion.

I find it funny how people didn't expect this for MGS and PS4. Just look at MGS4 and PS3. PS4 is lucky it iddn't drop any lower.
Ps3 MGS4 launch: 75K week after: 18K

This happens with MGS. There is always a huge drop off.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Skullwaker said:
Teeqoz said:
You know the bar is low for Nintendo these days when this week is considered domination

3DS outselling the Vita 2.5 to one? Lifetime gap is what, 4.5 to one?

Wii U outselling the PS4 by 3k when the title with one of the highest launch weeks for a Wii U so far this year (second or the very biggest afaik, don't remember if Splatoon launched higher, just remember that they are close) just launched?

Sure, domination

When 14/20 of the titles in the chart are on Nintendo consoles, notably the top 2, and the best selling systems are Nintendo, it can be considered domination.

Is it any more domination than the usual? I mean, what you just said was true last week as well, did Nintendo dominate last week?

Teeqoz said:
Skullwaker said:

Is it any more domination than the usual? I mean, what you just said was true last week as well, did Nintendo dominate last week?

Um really? last time I check ps4 was at 50k+ last week and the best selling console. This week Wii U and 3DS are > PS4 and Vita. That is hardware domination.

Software we had MGSV on top, this week we have 2 titles on nintendo systems and the majority of games are nintendo.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Teeqoz said:

No, because last week the PS4 was the top selling system and MGSV controlled the top 2, effectively outselling everything else.