By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - Sep 7 - Sep 13 2015

Miyamotoo said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
Looks like SMM did not do well for a mario game.

It's actually performed better than Mario 3D World in Japan.

Of course it did. 2D Mario is more popular than 3D Mario. 

I was expecting PS4 to be right at 20k. 18k is still kinda bad, but not too far off. I think the MGS4 PS3 drop was even steeper. The drop from Splatoon and everything else is kinda depressing.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I take it that THIS is the last time the Wii U will beat PS4? Right guys? :P

But in all seriousness, this further confirms the Wii U is in desperate need of a price cut, globally. With no 3rd party love anywhere - not even Japan where they are strongest - the machine is running on exclusives alone. The price needs to be more competitive.

kurasakiichimaru said:
Miyamotoo said:

It's actually performed better than Mario 3D World in Japan.

Really? Comparing 1st week sales during launch with lesser userbase?

True, on other hand Mario 3D World was launch right before holiday season.

Nuvendil said:

But in all seriousness, this further confirms the Wii U is in desperate need of a price cut, globally. With no 3rd party love anywhere - not even Japan where they are strongest - the machine is running on exclusives alone. The price needs to be more competitive.

I think next weak Wii U will above PS4 too because of announcement of PS4 price cut.

Actualy Wii U in Japan is selling better than last year.

Miyamotoo said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

Really? Comparing 1st week sales during launch with lesser userbase?

True, on other hand Mario 3D World was launch right before holiday season.

Sorry for the mistake but still the point stands.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Nuvendil said:

I think next weak Wii U will above PS4 too because of announcement of PS4 price cut.

Actualy Wii U in Japan is selling better than last year.

I'm aware it is up compared to last year.  But Nintendo also came out and said they missed a lot of opportunities during the last third of last year to really have good numbers, much better than they got.  I just don't want to see them do that again.

Also, I was joking on the first point.  People have been saying since Bloodborne that "x week is the last week Wii U outdoes PS4".  it's become a bit of a gag for me :P

Vita < 10k

Nuvendil said:

Also, I was joking on the first point.  People have been saying since Bloodborne that "x week is the last week Wii U outdoes PS4".  it's become a bit of a gag for me :P

Pretty sure that was one person and you've all teased him enough already.

Should we keep bringing up how much almost every ninty fan thought WiiU would sell? And should we do that every week in every Media Create post?

"Don't worry guys, the wiiU will sell 40m any time now. I can feel it".

"WiiU 20K: NIce! It's getting closer and closer to it's 60m goal".

etc

I expected 160k from Super Mario Maker. I guess that advertising wasn't as effective as I thought.
Then again, I didn't think hardware would hit 20k, either...

Nintendo is now long overdue for a Direct. Yeah, I know Iwata died, but really? Not even a Mini Direct or a third-party Direct like they did for Japan last year?

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

For comparison sakes, here is NSMBU FW: [Wii U] New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo, 12/08/12) – 163,528 (New)

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD