By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Knowing the big titles coming next year, do you still think the NX will be coming out holiday 2016?

Will the NX launch 2016?

Yes 232 40.07%

No 286 49.40%

See Results 61 10.54%

Total:579

So, a lot of people here assumed that 2016 there would be no games coming to the Wii U, except LoZ, but that would be cross platform. However, there seems to be enough titles that I'm still convinced the NX will be a 2017 launch. Let's just look at the big titles we know are coming.

Pokken

LoZ Wii U

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

*Edit* Pikmin 4 

*EDIT EDIT* Looks like Star Fox can be thrown in the mix. Looks like it can be a pretty significant last hurrah for Nintendo before the NX 2017 launch.

Add one more bigger project (with the inclusion of Pikmin 4, we are pretty much at the bar for bigger titles) and count the smaller projects like Mario and Sonic at the 2016 Olympics (this is a thing right?) and it looks like any of the other years release schedule for the Wii U. That said, I hope we do get an announcement at E3 this year on what the NX is and what it looks like. So what do you think? 

Around the Network

I've been saying the reveal in 2016, launch in 2017.

What about Pikmin 4? Since Miyamoto essentially said that game is almost done.

iceland said:

Yeah it's pretty much how I felt since it first came up. I don't think LoZ will be a cross platform either. Just guesses really, but I honestly do not see it happening. 

PAOerfulone said:
What about Pikmin 4? Since Miyamoto essentially said that game is almost done.

I knew I was forgetting something!

Around the Network

Handheld NX 2016, Home console NX 2017 would make most sense for Nintendo.

3DS can't maintain momentum with its lineup right now, but handheld NX cross-platform with Wii U can buy Nintendo some time...to provide home console NX with important titles at launch.

We don't know what Hexadrive is working on, we don't know what IS is working on, we don't know what Retro is working on, among others.
Heck, Creatures can pull themselves out of a development hiatus and announce a Pokémon Snap or something.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

TheWPCTraveler said:

3DS can't maintain momentum with its lineup right now, but handheld NX cross-platform with Wii U can buy Nintendo some time...to provide home console NX with important titles at launch.

We don't know what Hexadrive is working on, we don't know what IS is working on, we don't know what Retro is working on, among others.
Heck, Creatures can pull themselves out of a development hiatus and announce a Pokémon Snap or something.

But the 3DS still has some really big titles releasing next year. Bravely Second, Final Fantasy Explorers, Pokemon Z, Super Mario Paper Jam, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Mega Man Legacy Collection, Project X Zone 2, Fire Emblem IF (at least worldwide release), ect. I think it could easily last until 2017 and be a multi console release.

bigtakilla said:
iceland said:

Yeah it's pretty much how I felt since it first came up. I don't think LoZ will be a cross platform either. Just guesses really, but I honestly do not see it happening. 

It'll be the first Nintendo console that doesn't have an exclusive Zelda title if it's cross-platform. That's something interesting to note. I think the NX will receive a port of it later on (maybe even if it's a year later for the launch). But I think it will be a Wii U exlcusive for a while, if not that's kinda a slap to Nintendo fans IMO.

iceland said:

I agree here. I don't see a console/handheld that hasn't been officially revealed (Just the name) coming out in a span of a year.  2017 launch at best. Next year we may see games that may show up at E3 regarding NX.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

bigtakilla said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

But the 3DS still has some really big titles releasing next year. Bravely Second, Final Fantasy Explorers, Pokemon Z, Super Mario Paper Jam, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Mega Man Legacy Collection, Project X Zone 2, Fire Emblem IF (at least worldwide release), ect. I think it could easily last until 2017 and be a multi console release.

All those are 1H2016, except for a possible Yo-Kai Watch release and Pokemon Z.

And, last I checked, the DS still had big titles in 2012, a year and a half after 3DS release.

EDIT: And so did the GBA. Last I checked, Mother 3 came out after 2005.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3