By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Knowing the big titles coming next year, do you still think the NX will be coming out holiday 2016?

Will the NX launch 2016?

Yes 232 40.07%

No 286 49.40%

See Results 61 10.54%

Total:579
justiceiro said:
A port
A game series know for release in cross generation consoles
A tranlation for game to be released this year
A game that have never been confirmed for you or 2016

yeah, i'm pretty confident.

Wow thats what you got out of this? Pokken is a port? Translation? OMG! You are hilarious my friend.

Around the Network

Wii U and 3DS can't carry Nintendo financially for another year anyway.

3 million Wii Us/year and 3DS shipments going lower than 7 million would be the lowest in the modern history of Nintendo for hardware shipments.

New hardware is very obviously coming.

There will be a minority portion of the Nintendo fanbase that will kick, scream, stomp their legs at this but then they'll see Mario on NX and shut up about it. 

I doubt Nintendo will release a new home console in 2016. Wii U will probably reach its peak year in 2015, which means Nintendo needs to consolidate their software sales in 2016, to milk revenue from their 2015 hardware sales. I simply can't see a new home console from Nintendo in 2016 from a business perspective.

However, assuming the NX-project is based on an architecture that is compatible with both handheld hardware and home console hardware, I'd say a handheld version of the NX-plattform will most likely be released by the end of 2016, with an enhanced home console version in 2017.

The real interesting question is; will we see Zelda Wii U, or will it transfer to the NX-project?

Soundwave said:

3 million Wii Us/year and 3DS shipments going lower than 7 million would be the lowest in the modern history of Nintendo for hardware shipments.

There will be a minority portion of the Nintendo fanbase that will kick, scream, stomp their legs at this but then they'll see Mario on NX and shut up about it. 

New portable then? Maybe both if Ninty feels they shouldn't give an edge to NX portable by releasing first. Thats the way I see it, either both or portable only.

Nintyfan90 said:
AZWification said:

Big titles? Ehh.... Besides Zelda ( which could be cross-gen) I woudn't consider any of those to be big titles.

Pokken is a Pokemon spinoff, not exactly sure why you wouldn't consider it big.

This should answer your question.

Around the Network
Conina said:
bigtakilla said:

So, a lot of people here assumed that 2016 there would be no games coming to the Wii U, except LoZ, but that would be cross platform. However, there seems to be enough titles that I'm still convinced the NX will be a 2017 launch. Let's just look at the big titles we know are coming.

Pokken

LoZ Wii U

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

*Edit* Pikmin 4 

Add one more bigger project (with the inclusion of Pikmin 4, we are pretty much at the bar for bigger titles) and count the smaller projects like Mario and Sonic at the 2016 Olympics (this is a thing right?) and it looks like any of the other years release schedule for the Wii U. That said, I hope we do get an announcement at E3 this year on what the NX is and what it looks like. So what do you think? 

So 4 - 5 medium to big games for a home console per year "seem enough" so that a successor at the end of that year seems improbable? Man, your standards are low!

PS3 + 360 got dozens of big games in 2013 :

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/ps3/filtered?sort=desc&year_selected=2013

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/xbox360/filtered?sort=desc&year_selected=2013

It's just the trend of Wii U's release calander. I'd love for every game ever to come out on it.

It's reality that there's around that many bigger titles in a Wii U release year.

Nintyfan90 said:
Soundwave said:

New portable then? Maybe both if Ninty feels they shouldn't give an edge to NX portable by releasing first. Thats the way I see it, either both or portable only.

If it's a similar architecture, just scaled up, then Nintendo can easily release both at the same time no problem. 

It's like saying Apple can't release a new iPad in the same quarter as a new iPhone ... sure they can. It's basically the same technology just scaled up or down running the same software.

If the the portable + console/dock run the same games, it wouldn't make sense to be honest not to release both at the same time because that's supposedly part of the whole appeal of the NX (play the same games at home/on the go) I would think.

The sooner the product launches, the sooner the userbase can begin to build too. Purposely holding back hardware just for the sake of some imaginary time limit a small portion of people have on the internet is incredibly stupid. 3 year headstart for the PS4/XB1 is bad enough already, Nintendo needs to get this thing out and start building that userbase so developers will actually want to make games for it. 

Sprash said:
Nintyfan90 said:

Pokken is a Pokemon spinoff, not exactly sure why you wouldn't consider it big.

This should answer your question.

Hyrule Warriors was a sipnoff and was still a bigger title.

Neodegenerate said:
Every time I see big titles I can't help but think "big titties"

That's exactly what the Wii U needs, lol.

bigtakilla said:
Neodegenerate said:
Every time I see big titles I can't help but think "big titties"

That's exactly what the Wii U needs, lol.

Princess Peach: The Body Modification Years