By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do these sales numbers surprise you? [Sony Still Dominant?!?]

@Rath 

I just dont understand fanboys. Why so badly support something, are they get payed to act in such way?

Anyway there is no point to continue this argument. Everyone has an opinion which is respected

and of course someone can enjoy the numbers a console makes (i find that odd to tell u the truth)...

I like technology when its moving forward..

PSN: methys

Around the Network
Audiomatic said:

@Rath

I just dont understand fanboys. Why so badly support something, are they get payed to act in such way?

Anyway there is no point to continue this argument. Everyone has an opinion which is respected

and of course someone can enjoy the numbers a console makes (i find that odd to tell u the truth)...

Why are people happy when their favourite football team wins? Its the same thing, people love to support  their favourite team, in this case the teams are Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft and the game is console wars.

Rath said:

Why are people happy when their favourite football team wins? Its the same thing, people love to support their favourite team, in this case the teams are Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft and the game is console wars.

OK... Fair enough... (So see my question at the end.)

And let me apologize for the title... It was not meant to be inflamatory at all... It was supposed to suggest the "surprise" that things aren't as bad as many make them seem for Sony when looking at the numbers I posted.  I definitely should have made it [Sony Still Dominant in the Living Room?!?]... (If a mod wants to make that change... feel free.)

So, to your "Teams" analogy...

Which "Team" (Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft) has sold the most home video game consoles since the release of the 360?  Since the release of the Wii and PS3?   

Is this an unfair question for some reason?  Must you leave out some home console sales before giving an answer?

For those of you that say it just doesn't matter, that is fine... that's what you can legitimately discuss.  You can argue whether Nintendo's past success with the NES, SNES, etc,etc has any bearing on their "team loyalty" now.  You can discuss whether or not over 200 million in sales of the PS1 and PS2 mean anything for the future of the PS3... Or if all those people have and will switch "teams".

But you come off badly when you attack and get overly defensive. 

PSN ID: free
Gamertag: X freestyle X