By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do these sales numbers surprise you? [Sony Still Dominant?!?]

Audiomatic said:
Fanboys make me sick...Sony fanboys are the worst..

This topic started as "ZOMG SONY STILL DOMINATES!!? "

and turned out " /cry everyone picks on us!!!!"

I fixed your post, no need to thank me. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Yeah the mods here are a joke. They let Sony fanboys be little bitches and troll up a storm. Half the mods here are Sony fanboys.

Down with Sony! 

It's amazing the number of people that say PS2 doesn't matter in this gen console war when it is clearly eating away some of the sales of the Xbox360, PS3 and Wii. The question is the sales of which console are affected the most by PS2 sales and I would tend to say the Wii as most PS2 buyers are budget constrained....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

naznatips said:
blykmik, even if you want to say "in the home" you are ignoring signifficant factors.

For example, combined total software sales of the PS2 and PS3 are around half the total software for the Wii. This implies two important things: 1) Most PS2 purchases are replacements and 2) The consoles are relatively inactive, and not generating much revenue for publishers.

You're also ignoring the fact that the PS2 accounts for almost 60% of the hardware sales and less than 40% of software sales. Once again, this shows that the PS2 consoles are relatively inactive, and are mostly purchased as replacements.

And finally, it's rather ridiculous to say that handhelds and home consoles aren't in the same market when the DS stole the main game in what was by far Sony's biggest Japanese exclusive: Dragon Quest.

I thought Ioi stated somewhere in his numbers that a lot of the old PS2 titles were not tracked, that and the fact that there are thousand of PS2 titles out there and at best the top 200 weekly bestsellers are tracked for total software sales ( aren't you supposed to know the policy of the site as a minimum as a mod ???)... ( a thousand titles selling 200 copies a week would add 200k software/week...)

Besides it would be fair to assume that at this point a lot of PS2 software sales are used games which are not tracked

I would really doubt those PS2 console are inactives as be it in Best Buy or Gamestop usually the PS2 shelf is bigger than the Xbox360 one and I doubt those shops allocate shelves to titles that don't sell.. 

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

@sqrl

or maybe u should put on some glasses and read the topic again. U should understand who started the flames

@dwayne

for ur info the mods here are nintendo bias, atleast most of them. Some might be sony bias but my comment suggested that mods shouldnt state their console prefferences and they should be more careful than the usual user when they post an opinion. Thats all..

@both

if u think that sony fans are crying for attention, then i would say that nintendo fans are masturbating with each weeks numbers. 

I like technology when its moving forward..

PSN: methys

Around the Network
Ail said:
It's amazing the number of people that say PS2 doesn't matter in this gen console war when it is clearly eating away some of the sales of the Xbox360, PS3 and Wii. The question is the sales of which console are affected the most by PS2 sales and I would tend to say the Wii as most PS2 buyers are budget constrained....

Urgh way to make a statement and not back it up.

I would argue that people who buy a $99 console 8 years after its release are not anywhere near the same market as people who buy a $250 console 1.5 years after its release.

Audiomatic said:

@sqrl

or maybe u should put on some glasses and read the topic again. U should understand who started the flames

@dwayne

for ur info the mods here are nintendo bias, atleast most of them. Some might be sony bias but my comment suggested that mods shouldnt state their console prefferences and they should be more careful than the usual user when they post an opinion. Thats all..

@both

if u think that sony fans are crying for attention, then i would say that nintendo fans are masturbating with each weeks numbers.

Great sounds like you've got us pegged. The only question is, if you think this place is so horrible why are you still here?   

To Each Man, Responsibility

Im like 1-2 weeks here, i didnt know.

No offence though the site is great

I like technology when its moving forward..

PSN: methys

Audiomatic said:

@sqrl

@dwayne

for ur info the mods here are nintendo bias, atleast most of them. Some might be sony bias but my comment suggested that mods shouldnt state their console prefferences and they should be more careful than the usual user when they post an opinion. Thats all..

@both

Should you be surprised that Nintendo fans are enjoying the numbers?

Sony fans would be if they were reversed, MS fans would be if they were leading.

Oh and the mods here are users who moderate in their own free time, they should act like they did before being mods in my opinion, as in like users. Possibly slightly different for Ioi and TheSource but that doesn't matter as they have always acted impecibally (as long as McLaren is doing alright =P). 

Audiomatic said:
Fanboys make me sick...nintendo fanboys are the worst..

This topic started as "what do you think about sonys decision of keeping two consoles out? "

and turned out " NINTENDO RULEZZZ, SONY DOOMED"

im dissapointed with the mods here, they shouldnt make their console prefferences known to the people. Their reason here is to place order to the forum not start a war. And its their fault that this topic which had potential turned to the usual shit.

There are two ways to read the following data:

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 27th Nov 2004 to 26th Nov 2005:

ConsolePSPDSGBA
Total
America
Japan
Total Others

1. The PSP and Nintendo DS were surprisingly close in their first year
  2. Nintendo is the king of handhelds and crushed Sony

To make my point clearer ...

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 27th Nov 2004 to 25th Nov 2006:

ConsolePSPDSGBA
Total
America
Japan
Total Others

The fact is that there is no 'magical' strategy by Sony which keeps their consoles alive after the generation has ended; people continue to buy the leading console (from the previous generation) because it is dirt cheap, has a massive library, and third party publishers continue to support it because there is still value in supporting hardware that is so widely available.

It is quite likely (with how software sells for it) that the PSP will see a rapid death if/when Sony or Nintendo releases another handheld; as publishers look for development teams to create games for the new handheld they're far more likely to pull them away from the PSP due to its (very) limited potential software sales.