By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If MGSV was a PS4 console exclusive...

Kojima wouldn't have been forced to delay MGSV because they wouldn't have to concentrate to a niche market like XBO.

Konami wouldn't have fired Kojima because Kojima was taking too much time developing the game to a lot of platforms when it would ultimately sell better on PS4/PC.

Silent Hills wouldn't have been cancelled because Kojima is still with Konami.

I mean would I ever lie?

Around the Network

What were the proven facts regarding Hideo Kojima's departure from Konami again?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

kurasakiichimaru said:

Kojima wouldn't have been forced to delay MGSV because they wouldn't have to concentrate to a niche market like XBO.

Konami wouldn't have fired Kojima because Kojima was taking too much time developing the game to a lot of platforms when it would ultimately sell better on PS4/PC.

Silent Hills wouldn't have been cancelled because Kojima is still with Konami.

I mean would I ever lie?

And if the X1 version sells better then PC? Should we exclude the PC sales aswell? Why do we even have multiplats, lets all just steal games from millions around the world and just have 1 system. Who cares about Touch Pads, Rumble Triggers, Amiibos, Kinect. Lets just exclude every gamer and force them to buy 1 console.

By the way, rumours have it that Kojima got the sack because he over spent on MGS5 by a large margin. The game cost over 80million to make which hurt Konami considerably. Multiplat games actrually bring in more money not less and these days ifs far worth doing multiplats then exclusives based on Console similarities.

You stir that pot! Stir it good!

Around the Network

Yeah, that makes perfect sense! Thanks for enlightening us, sir.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It would have sold 2x as much because being exclusive would have earned it more attention and debates on forums.

One of the dumbest threads I have ever seen.

Keep it up.

Nothing would have changed except we would get a billion threads about:

How much this game sucks/that it will come to Xbox One anyway

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

The only one benefited from that exclusivity would have been Sony. Konami would have sold less copies due to the loss of PC-XBone, so it would have been less profitable game, making the money spent on the game seem way worse than the real amount spent. Konami would have still fired Kojima because of multiple reasons, and PC-XBone owners would have been left without game.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.