By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The PS2 has taught me something about the HD era.Rant.

AbbathTheGrim said:

1) If you are trying to denounce gamers "bitching", you should focus in a more positive message explaining why you shouldn't complain about X or Y thing. But on the contrary, you complain about details that some may find consider "bitching".

A positive video focusing only in why gamers shouldn't bitch about X or Y thing exclusively would protect you from someone saying you are bitching back.

2) You called Call of Duty a stupid game then say something like: "Don't get me wrong, I am not saying COD isn't a good game...". If a game is stupid it can't even be a good game.

Some feedback you may or may not find helpful.

That is totally true,i whas bitching about the bitch gamers that bitch to much about " graphics " i stated that the focus should be about gameplay and fun.

I dont like cod,i l played modern warfare,black ops,black ops2,ghost and there just simple shooters.

BUT it doesnt mean the quality of these games are bad(okej ghost whas bad!)

Thats why i said that. 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:

PS2 era was the last true console gaming era. It was the last plug and play generation and really, plug and play is what defined the experience of console gaming. Once these consoles started having the ability to force updates, change UI, DLC, have online stores etc... they became gaming PC's with a different skin.

Imo, the PS2 era will always be the peak and end of true console gaming. After that, it became something else.

I sadly agree.

But the ps4/xone(okej sorry only ps4 quz ya know jp support!)

Has a chance of being a lot better than the ps3.

My youtube gaming page.

When did they decide? We did. With our wallets.

Time splitters was great. Halo lans were great. Growing up and doing essentially the same thing from home is great. I still take my xbox over to a friends house here and there but times have simply changed.

WTF did I just watch. I don't need anybody telling me what I should or shouldn't like. Respect for mentioning TimeSplitters though... great franchise :P

Roberto10 said:
WTF did I just watch. I don't need anybody telling me what I should or shouldn't like. Respect for mentioning TimeSplitters though... great franchise :P

That is not my intention with this video.

Iam measly asking why so much has changed in 1 gen,why we put up with so much crap from developers. 

This video is not  against gamers.

My youtube gaming page.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:

PS2 era was the last true console gaming era. It was the last plug and play generation and really, plug and play is what defined the experience of console gaming. Once these consoles started having the ability to force updates, change UI, DLC, have online stores etc... they became gaming PC's with a different skin.

Imo, the PS2 era will always be the peak and end of true console gaming. After that, it became something else.

Pretty much this. Sometimes I have to wait 20+ minutes just to download the newest patch for a game before I can play it in current gen. Moments like that make it feel like a PC instead of a console. That was one of the advantages a console used to have over PC, you just insert the disk/cartridge and you were good to go.

ironmanDX said:
When did they decide? We did. With our wallets.

Time splitters was great. Halo lans were great. Growing up and doing essentially the same thing from home is great. I still take my xbox over to a friends house here and there but times have simply changed.

With respect maybe you did! Ididnt,never bought. A single piece of dlc crap 

My youtube gaming page.

pokoko said:
I made it to the 1:30 mark. Absolutely sick of people telling me what games are fun and what games are not.

Thanks for warning me to not watch it. :)

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Eddie_Raja said:
pokoko said:
I made it to the 1:30 mark. Absolutely sick of people telling me what games are fun and what games are not.

Thanks for warning me to not watch it. :)

Xd again video isnt even about that >.< thats what happens if people jump to conclusions to soon.

My youtube gaming page.

xl-klaudkil said:
pokoko said:

Its not truly saying this game is not fun and this game is,Its about where are these other typ of games in that genre.

And how much the industry has changed in just 1 era.

Indies have filled that void.  There are tons, and tons of amazing games everywhere.  I have never had more fun than I have had with the PS3, and the PS4 is catching up.

If you want to play those old games - go play em!!!   We won't stop you.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]