By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Happy 30th Anniversary, Mario!!!! What was your very first Mario memory?

Tagged games:

Here's to 30 more!!!

https://youtu.be/EXbKUh2BkgM

Around the Network

Wow i didnt know Mario 1 released in 9/11

Actually, Mario 1 was released September 13th, 1985. But it has been 30 years since then, soooo. Yeah.

I can still remember playing it for the first time in 1985. A family friend of ours had just purchased an NES and had Duck Hunt/SMB. I was all of 6 years old and my little brain was just.... floored. I had already played a bunch of games on the Atari 2600 by that point and even some Magnavox Odyssey² games, but nothing was like the NES.

A few days later, my mom drove us to the store and I got my own system. Most innovative software ever imo.

The very first memory I can vividly recall is when I was around 3 years old in late 1999, when I beat Super Mario 64 for the very first time. The final boss with Bowser gave me so much hell when I was little, and when I finally beat him, I screamed with Joy. And my brothers were sleeping right next me... It was 6 in the morning. XD

Around the Network

My first time with Super Mario Bros was with one of those illegal fake consoles with roms from other systems, someone gave it to me as a gift when I was a little kid, and I remember being absolutely impressed by how fun that game was, wich is funny because I already had a Playstation 1 and yet I was more impressed by a 8 bit game lol

Happy Birthday Mario! You are really a legend, what other game can stand the test of time for 30 years without losing any of its fun factor and charm like this one? No other really, even legendary games like Zelda or Metroid on Nes are not really fun to play nowadays, but Mario? Mario is just the fucking king.

Super Mario World on the snes!!! Couldn't stop playing it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Sorry to burst your bubble but since Mario first appeared in Donkey Kong in 1981 he actually is 34 already. Also that is actually the first Mario game I played and besides Pack Man its one of the best arcade games from the early 80s.

Chris Hu said:
Sorry to burst your bubble but since Mario first appeared in Donkey Kong in 1981 he actually is 34 already. Also that is actually the first Mario game I played and besides Pack Man its one of the best arcade games from the early 80s.

That was Jumpman, It was not called Mario until 2 years later and its first videogame with that name is Super Mario Bros, and the 30th anniversary is for that game after all.

I have memories of playing Mario 1 & 3 with my dad on his NES around 1995-96, so I was 2 or 3 years old. On my 4th birthday my uncle gave me his SNES with all of his games including Super Mario World. That is still one of my favorite games.