By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Happy 30th Anniversary, Mario!!!! What was your very first Mario memory?

Tagged games:

Playing as Mario in Smash Bros. Melee.

Around the Network

My first Mario was Mario Land. Since my GB was my first system. I still prefer that game over a lot of other Mario titles.

Mario 1/Duck Hunt.

First Mario I played was the Super Mario World e.e

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

When I got my SNES with Super Mario World.

Around the Network

My first memories of 'Mario' was Donkey Kong, and I remember playing Mario Bros in the arcades. I never owned an NES, but I played the Vs. Super Mario Bros arcade version.

I remember being underwhelmed by it, but it was likely because I was just better at Defender and Pole Position and therefore got more play value for my money from those games at the time.

Playing Super Mario Bros on the NES, World 1-2.. (somebody else beat 1-1) couldn't jump over that first goomba and kept on dying

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Super smash bros 64.
Honestly this game made me a gamer. I got a gamboy and pokemon before it but smash made me buy a 64, and from their goldeneye and other games, Then a ps1. From there..... well here we are.
The first proper mario game I played was sunshine. Which I think is why I appreciate it a lot more than others do. The criticisms it gets meant nothing to me

NES Mario. I just remember kinda that first wave of Mario in the late 80s/90s, back then every few years there was kind of like a new "kids craze" ... He-Man, Transformers, Thundercats, then by the late 90s it was Ninja Turtles and Mario/Nintendo became this new crazy break-out must have thing.

I just remember that very clearly and of course every kid talking about Super Mario Bros. for the NES.

1990 and the Western release of Super Mario Bros. 3 with the McDonalds Happy Meals and all that was a lot of fun too. That was kinda like the apex of Nintendo's industry dominance.

The first Mario game I ever played was Super Mario Land on Game Boy, and I loved it.

Then I tried Super Mario World over at another family's house with their SNES, and I absolutely fell in love with the series since.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."