By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - So Apple is selling a $99 stylus?

I thought this was pretty fucking funny...  A fucking stylus for $99. 

Just look at this article...

"Naturally, this is no ordinary stylus. The Pencil works seamlessly with an array of iOS apps allowing you to draw onto the apps and unlock other functions. Excited to use Microsoft Office on the iPad Pro? Use the Pencil to draw some beautiful graphs or annotate documents.

The Apple Pencil also comes with a built-in lightning plug that is revealed by removing the Pencil’s cap. This allows you to plug your Pencil directly into your iPad to charge. However, adding a lighting plug to the Pencil also means that the pencil is huge (almost as long as the iPad Pro is wide). Apple says the sensors in the Pencil allow it to pinpoint tiny spaces—it has single pixel sensitivity."

http://www.wired.com/2015/09/not-stylus-apple-pencil/

I see zero innovation there and nothing to warrant $99.

Around the Network

Yea but it has the brand. And probably the logo. And and and...

Yea, buy a stylus on Amazon for like a buck.

Neodegenerate said:
Yea but it has the brand. And probably the logo. And and and...

Yea, buy a stylus on Amazon for like a buck.

And it needs charged for some reason also.

Innovative?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Lol the stylus better come with it's own bathroom for that price.

Around the Network

I'll probably still get it. Totally a rip off, though.

spemanig said:
I'll probably still get it. Totally a rip off, though.

Couldn't you use any stylus though?  Or does that charging thing communicate with the ipad and ensure only the Apple "pencil" is activated and being used to shoo away those pesky cheaper options.

Ka-pi96 said:
Well actually no, you're only paying $1 for the stylus.

The other $98 are for the privilege of having the Apple logo on it.

I present to you: The iQube. What is it? Well, it's a cool flashy cube, with LED lights and other cool stuff. Don't you wanna be a cool kid? Then you need an iQube! It's a crucial accessory for any cool kid. Wait, you wanna know the difference between an iQube and a normal cube? Well, imagine a normal cube, except it has LED lights. Okay, now, that's not cool rigth? No, exactly. Well this cube has an Apple logo on it! It's amazing! Biggest innovation since the wheel! Oh, and what does it cost? Well, the iQube can be yours for only 499$! And if you buy it now, you get 50$ off from a purchase of a Macbook Pro And if you buy now you get a premium voucher to pay 50$ more on a purchase of a Macbook Pro! Buy now!

Amirite?

If its better then the wacom stylus its worth the money.. I have a 80 dollar wacom stylus for the iPad.. The Pencil looks better to work with to create drawings.. Especially the lag time.. I would pay 150 dollar for an almost zero lag stylus for the iPad

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
If its better then the wacom stylus its worth the money.. I have a 80 dollar wacom stylus for the iPad.. The Pencil looks better to work with to create drawings.. Especially the lag time.. I would pay 150 dollar for an almost zero lag stylus for the iPad

How are these stylus better than say a 3DS or Wii U stylus?  You would be amazed what people draw on Miiverse with such a limited stylus and touch screen.