By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - So Apple is selling a $99 stylus?

Apple, just stop...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
disolitude said:

Is this supposed to be clever or what?

As far as I know that's the original iPhone being talked about in the lame pic you posted, it was introduced when clicking on a screen with your finger didn't work well because resistive touch screens were the main technology used in devices that used a touchscreen. No one uses a stylus now to interact with their smartphones, Apple killed the stylus as we knew it back then and replaced it effectively with our fingers.

The new Apple stylus isn't used to interact with your device. It has its own purpose and its own apps. 

Not to mention, correct me if I'm wrong, it's aimed for the iPad Pro and not the phone. Not that I'm defending the Pencil or it's price along with other pens/stylus'.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Solid-Stark said:
LurkerJ said:

Is this supposed to be clever or what?

As far as I know that's the original iPhone being talked about in the lame pic you posted, it was introduced when clicking on a screen with your finger didn't work well because resistive touch screens were the main technology used in devices that used a touchscreen. No one uses a stylus now to interact with their smartphones, Apple killed the stylus as we knew it back then and replaced it effectively with our fingers.

The new Apple stylus isn't used to interact with your device. It has its own purpose and its own apps. 

Not to mention, correct me if I'm wrong, it's aimed for the iPad Pro and not the phone. Not that I'm defending the Pencil or it's price along with other pens/stylus'.

Yup. A device that is 10 inches larger, basically. I am not defending the iPad as a product either, I think it has lots of software deficiencies that Apple failed to rectify since the conception of the product. They just started differentiating it from the iPhone line though, so there is hope by the time iOSX rolls out, we'll see a more compelling device.

NiKKoM said:

But if Apple delivers..its an iPad Pro and Pencil for my christmas bonus..

My original point was if it worked better than the Wacom, if it does (review seemed good) then I guess no more Wacom. :P

Although the stylus could be cheaper.

Hmm, pie.

NiKKoM said:
sethnintendo said:

So this is for the people at Starbucks.  I mean graphic designers.  I'll watch the video but I doubt I'll be impressed seeing lagless along with the different pressure and thickness.  Sure there is a market for this kind of product I suppose but only people in a very small field would actually benefit using this than a regular stylus.  Seems like a niche market to me.

Of course its for à niche market.. Its only for the iPad pro.. Who's gonna buy an iPad Pro not in the Creative Industry?

Apple fanboys

Honestly though the iPad Pro does look sweet, although the price might be a bit much for my pay grade.

Around the Network

Apple haters out in full forces I see. First of all that is not a stylus, as the ones needed to operate with a touchscreen in the early days (the ones despised by Steve Jobs indeed). It's a Pencil.

It's designed for artists. There is not much other use for it. Apart for people loving handwriting (virtual in this case) maybe. And from the few videos I've seen it does an excellent job. Yes, it's a niche product. So what? It's optional. Not like that bloody Kinect on Xbone at launch, forced down the throat of gamers, just to make a different example.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Michelasso said:

It's a Pencil.

Has it got graphite in it?

*Bad sarcastic joke for the win.*

EDIT: We know what you mean and we know the market it's intended for but that also doesn't mean it's not confusing for the mass of Apple followers who don't know what it's for.

Hmm, pie.

Ok. After seeing what it can do, the technology behind it, i hesitate to say $99 is unjustified. Is there anything similar to this "stylus" and with a lower price tag?

Hunting Season is done...