By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Pricing revealed for the standalone Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Triple Pack DLC bundle

There is good DLC and there is bad DLC, and the line between them is clear.

Personally, I don't care if someone chooses to buy this and nor do I care, by extension to actively criticize this. I am however, more focused and befuddled as to why some people are so diligently defending this.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

bolded: No, that's just a ridiculous. Where does this naivety come from? Devs all start thinking about DLC before their games are out. I mean really? Really? You think the Witcher 3 DLC that's just been announced for October had no planning done before the game was done?

And regarding your edit, so you think this singleplayer DLC will release 1 month after the base game comes out? After the TLOU DLC released 8 months after the original game?

People like you are just completely turning off all logic here by putting way too much meaning behind a simple freaking announcement that there is going to be a piece of single player DLC.

Oh and have you played TLOU and the Left Behind DLC?

If anything it would be mistrust, not naivety. It comes from all the rushed games released recently. After beeing conned so many times, there would be something wrong with me if i didnt learn from it.

The last of US wasnt the case, so i am not pointing the finger at that. If anything i just pointed out that they did it right and was sucessful so now they are looking at how to extort our money since they made it work. If its coming 8 months after and isnt obviously part of the main game (TLOU was a prequal) then i dont see a problem at all. The likelyness that it was ripped out of the main game is low.

It's when i see that time frame getting reduced, beeing bundled with the release and not having any kind of details that i start to worry about foul play.

And yes i have played TLOU, though not the DLC. But i know what its about.

You do have a point that i am beeing cynical. But, the ones responsible for that are the ones that are making me have to be cynical (though there are bigger foul players than Sony. WB, Ubi soft, konami, etc.). I have to be cynical, or i risk beeing gouged. I can't in good faith enable these practices without at least some transparancy from the publishers. I can't put my money upfront when i dont even know what this is or if it was indeed ripped out of the main gain for an earlier release and a later gouging.

I f*cking hate microtransactions as it is but I also hate common practices with DLC ...

It was clear with Uncharted 3 that Naughty Dog's intentions aren't as innocent as people make it out to be when they had day one DLC there ...

Judging by this announcement this sounds very much like first month game release DLC so I highly doubt Naughty Dog has any goodwill left ...

Well if it's along the lined of First Light or Left Behind I will probably be interested. If it smells at all like content that should be in the original game I may well not even buy Uncharted 4 new and elect to buy it used instead. I'm not going to support DLC or games that rip content out of the SP campaign which is important to the SP campaign. I'm looking at you Mass Effect 3. I think the Prothean (Eden Prime) DLC was completely shitty and it had content, and a character that should have been seen as story essential and been made part of the original release.

So, I am not going to prejudge UC4 until I know more about what this SP expansion is. But I am very wary and a little sceptical.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

fatslob-:O said:
I f*cking hate microtransactions as it is but I also hate common practices with DLC ...

It was clear with Uncharted 3 that Naughty Dog's intentions aren't as innocent as people make it out to be when they had day one DLC there ...

Judging by this announcement this sounds very much like first month game release DLC so I highly doubt Naughty Dog has any goodwill left ...

People do have to remember that almost all of early ND has left by now and moved onto Big Red Button or EA/BioWare, or some other studio. Most of what's left is overseen heavily by the same people who started milking Uncharted 2 and onward. Do they put out quality content? Of course; even if I was personally critical of TLoU especially after its best game ever praise, the current Druckmann/Straley studio definitely has a knack for quality. Do they milk the living shit out if that content? Holy god yes. The quality of the eventual single player content doesn't justify announcing it half a year in advance as that's just gonna cause problems with the fanbase. Doesn't matter whether it was (unlikely) cut from the game or planned from day one, and it also doesn't matter whether the money from this game allegedly goes to other experimental games. 

And I'll still buy the game day one, and if the DLC looks promising I'll buy the single player portion. They'll likely never get a cent out of me with multiplayer because I don't care about Uncharted multiplayer and TLoU MP actively annoyed me most of the time. I'm just saying this wasn't a smart business idea to announce so far in advance

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network
Burek said:
DerNebel said:
Burek said:
DerNebel said:

No it does not make more sense, the notion that a developer of a highly anticipated game like this would push their game back for months to finish a couple hours of content that won't release for months later and that a publisher would OK that decision is entirely absurd. They probably have a story outlined for the DLC when the game releases, but the whole thing finished? No way.

But they already pushed it back for months, didn't they?

Yes and they certainly did that to finish the singleplayer DLC that's set to release months after the initial game release. /s

No need for sarcasm, as you obviously missed the part in which I say that they develop everything simultaneously. Not that they finish the game, than delay it to make the DLC.

DLC is done at the same time, it takes just a tiny extra effort for an extra chapter or two which will get cut from base game later on.

I love Uncharted, but I will not be a blind rube and throw extra money at them and reward their greedy money grabbing methods.

What makes you think the DLC is part of the same story line? Every single player DLC I've ever played has been a side story, not an extension of the main campaign.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

DerNebel said:

And regarding your edit, so you think this singleplayer DLC will release 1 month after the base game comes out? After the TLOU DLC released 8 months after the original game?

Well to be honest, the OP/news seens to imply the DLC will be avaiable very early. I mean, advertising a special edition that includes the DLC (the so called Digital Deluxe Edition), before launch, does give a feeling of it being a launch/early edition.

I ordered the Libertalia Edition (the one with the statue), which I imagine comes with this. Super excited.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

DialgaMarine said:

I ordered the Libertalia Edition (the one with the statue), which I imagine comes with this. Super excited.

The news cleary say it doesn't =/

vkaraujo said:
DialgaMarine said:

The news cleary say it doesn't =/

I must've missed that... Fuck...

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon