By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Pricing revealed for the standalone Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Triple Pack DLC bundle

Burek said:
DerNebel said:

Yes and they certainly did that to finish the singleplayer DLC that's set to release months after the initial game release. /s

No need for sarcasm, as you obviously missed the part in which I say that they develop everything simultaneously. Not that they finish the game, than delay it to make the DLC.

DLC is done at the same time, it takes just a tiny extra effort for an extra chapter or two which will get cut from base game later on.

I love Uncharted, but I will not be a blind rube and throw extra money at them and reward their greedy money grabbing methods.

No, what you are is a ridiculous conspiracy theorist that somehow thinks he has the game development process all figured out when in actuality he's talking completely out of his ass to accuse all devs of being douchey, money grabbing assholes.

Moderated - Starcraft

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Burek said:

No need for sarcasm, as you obviously missed the part in which I say that they develop everything simultaneously. Not that they finish the game, than delay it to make the DLC.

DLC is done at the same time, it takes just a tiny extra effort for an extra chapter or two which will get cut from base game later on.

I love Uncharted, but I will not be a blind rube and throw extra money at them and reward their greedy money grabbing methods.

The example we have is Left Behind.

Do you really think Left Behind was a mid game chapter in TLOU and got cut to be DLC? I don't.

Now, ND is doing it with Uncharted, they said it'll be like Left Behind as well.

Even,if they haven't said I would think it would be that way because is a great studio and I doubt they would do things like that.

It'll most likely be a nice add rather than a cut from the game, really.

I don't know about that one, TLOU was so boring and overrated I stopped caring about the time I put my 150th plank to walk over the 200th roof in the 175th building.

I already preordered the special edition. Maybe I will cancel it in favor of this seeing as how they cost the same and I get more in-game content.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Won't buy and am getting more pissed about the delay now that they will even have time to make DLC be ready before the game even release... this will be a case of -6 months DLC

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

asqarkabab said:
Yes i will buy it have no great Internet the dlc so if its ready on disc i buy it

Naughty dog/sony are not an 'on disc dlc' sort of company. They make the dlc (e.g. left behind) after the game is released, but surely some form of planning is initially done before the release. 

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Won't buy and am getting more pissed about the delay now that they will even have time to make DLC be ready before the game even release... this will be a case of -6 months DLC

they've never said they are making the dlc before the game ships. If it's at all like tlou, the planning for the dlc story is probably already done, but it will be made after the release. Which is better because it gives ND that 6 months to perfect the game inc multiplayer. Remember, the team who tell the story are not the same ones who program the game, so the writers have this free time while the uncharted 4 story is pretty much done. Conceivably, they've moved on to U4 story dlc and TLOU2 story.

DerNebel said:
Burek said:
DerNebel said:

Yes and they certainly did that to finish the singleplayer DLC that's set to release months after the initial game release. /s

No, what you are is a ridiculous conspiracy theorist that somehow thinks he has the game development process all figured out when in actuality he's talking completely out of his ass to accuse all devs of being douchey, money grabbing assholes.

No reason to get all worked up.

OT: Not sure how I feel about singleplayer DLC being announced 6 months before a game comes out. Did the same happen with TLOU? Looks like they're trying to get people to pre-order something that they have absolutely no info on.

jlmurph2 said:
DerNebel said:

No reason to get all worked up.

OT: Not sure how I feel about singleplayer DLC being announced 6 months before a game comes out. Did the same happen with TLOU? Looks like they're trying to get people to pre-order something that they have absolutely no info on.

Quite the difference in comments and tone between this comment and the one you reacted to in that thread.

Also they are actually doing the opposite, they are giving people info on what is going to be included in this pack that they are trying to get people to pre-order, ND has had some fan backlash over season passes and the like before, so they are careful with this. And nobody is forced to preorder this anyway, if the past is anything to go by then this pack will still be available after the games launch.

twintail said:
will probably just buy the SP solo.

have no interesting in paying for MP stuff.

Same for me. I have no interest in multiplayer.

fireburn95 said:
DonFerrari said:

they've never said they are making the dlc before the game ships. If it's at all like tlou, the planning for the dlc story is probably already done, but it will be made after the release. Which is better because it gives ND that 6 months to perfect the game inc multiplayer. Remember, the team who tell the story are not the same ones who program the game, so the writers have this free time while the uncharted 4 story is pretty much done. Conceivably, they've moved on to U4 story dlc and TLOU2 story.

It's 6 months before release (close to what the original release was planned to be) so the DLC was probably expected to release together or 6 months after... so yes, there is a big chance of it being finished or close to even before the game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."