By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Pricing revealed for the standalone Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Triple Pack DLC bundle

DonFerrari said:
fireburn95 said:

they've never said they are making the dlc before the game ships. If it's at all like tlou, the planning for the dlc story is probably already done, but it will be made after the release. Which is better because it gives ND that 6 months to perfect the game inc multiplayer. Remember, the team who tell the story are not the same ones who program the game, so the writers have this free time while the uncharted 4 story is pretty much done. Conceivably, they've moved on to U4 story dlc and TLOU2 story.

It's 6 months before release (close to what the original release was planned to be) so the DLC was probably expected to release together or 6 months after... so yes, there is a big chance of it being finished or close to even before the game.

So for 8 months from release of TLOU to the dlc, you're suggesting the ND team just put their feet up. You don't think it is at all conceivable that.... they're making shit in that time.

Ofcourse the story has to be done, and maybe character/level designs. But obviously it's worked on after the game ships. Ashley fucking Johnson even talked about meeting the actor for riley, and she was scared because she had finished filming with troy, and everybody's expectations were high because of the reviews of the game. If you're saying they are working on U4 dlc now, why delay the main game then? It would've been a good addition to their holiday lineup and been a huge system seller.

You're working on assumptions rather than fact or sensibilities.

Around the Network
asqarkabab said:
fireburn95 said:

Naughty dog/sony are not an 'on disc dlc' sort of company. They make the dlc (e.g. left behind) after the game is released, but surely some form of planning is initially done before the release. 

Dont forget there will be a GOTY edition down the road with all dlc and other stuff

and? That's a pretty common thing, and isn't linked to on disc dlc (for example the whole sfxt fiasco, which was really a one off, i don't recall many other companies doing it, Destiny had the general area of maps of dlc on disc but it was incomplete and the content was not there, not a bad thing because it gave them something to work on in the future when making the base game)

$25 is way too much. I'm not if it will be worth that price but they should consider lowering its price to $15.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Perhaps a prequel to Nate's brother and his adventures before finding Drake? I could care less about the MP.

fireburn95 said:
DonFerrari said:

It's 6 months before release (close to what the original release was planned to be) so the DLC was probably expected to release together or 6 months after... so yes, there is a big chance of it being finished or close to even before the game.

So for 8 months from release of TLOU to the dlc, you're suggesting the ND team just put their feet up. You don't think it is at all conceivable that.... they're making shit in that time.

Ofcourse the story has to be done, and maybe character/level designs. But obviously it's worked on after the game ships. Ashley fucking Johnson even talked about meeting the actor for riley, and she was scared because she had finished filming with troy, and everybody's expectations were high because of the reviews of the game. If you're saying they are working on U4 dlc now, why delay the main game then? It would've been a good addition to their holiday lineup and been a huge system seller.

You're working on assumptions rather than fact or sensibilities.

Where did I sugested it? I'm just saying that in this case since they are announcing the DLC (and be sincere, a DLC don't take 6 months to dev, even if released after 8 months, it either started some months after release or they hold releasing for some time) 6 months prior to release of the game there is a big chance of it being finished before the game goes gold and could have been added to the game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

What a load of BS. I mean this is so freaking laughable, did you even take the time to understand what is happening here before posting? Do you in all seriousness believe that companies don't have plans for their DLC before a game releases no matter if they announce it before launch or not? Just because the singleplayer DLC is announced now doesn't mean it's being cut from the main campaign. And what bullshit pre-order parctices are you even talking about here, who is trying to blackmail you into doing anything?

I swear some people just deliberately turn their heads off to be able to become enraged about anything.

When is this stuff available? I presumed the single player expansion will arrive a while afte release but the article doesn't allude to any of that unless I missed. The "multiplayer packs that will unlock new, rare, and legendary multiplayer items." especially sounds like day one DLC.

This isn't being described as a Season pass so I understand the confusion+annoyance.

As a fan of the Uncharted series with Uncharted 2 sitting at the top of my all time faves right next to Super Mario Galaxy, I will have to wait and see if I like Uncharted 4 enough to even consider DLC.

I was disappointed with Uncharted 3, and even though it still hits the "good game" mark, it took away the sense of adventure and exploration of Uncharted 2 and replaced it with more shootouts, explosions, and facial dialogue closeups. I'm concerned Uncharted 4 is more like Uncharted 3, though I've still pre-ordered it in the hopes of being wrong.

To me, DLC is worth it (not monetarily, it's always overpriced in ratio to the main game's cost with a few notable exceptions like Mario Kart 8) if you like the game it's for. I'm in a holding pattern on Uncharted 4, though!

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/