By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Pricing revealed for the standalone Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Triple Pack DLC bundle

I dont see the big deal here its common practice now to have at least one singleplayer DLC in sucessfull games, the Naughty Gods are allowed to do that because their games are actually turning out good unlike EA, WarnerBrothers or activision games.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
fireburn95 said:

they've never said they are making the dlc before the game ships. If it's at all like tlou, the planning for the dlc story is probably already done, but it will be made after the release. Which is better because it gives ND that 6 months to perfect the game inc multiplayer. Remember, the team who tell the story are not the same ones who program the game, so the writers have this free time while the uncharted 4 story is pretty much done. Conceivably, they've moved on to U4 story dlc and TLOU2 story.

It's 6 months before release (close to what the original release was planned to be) so the DLC was probably expected to release together or 6 months after... so yes, there is a big chance of it being finished or close to even before the game.

That's a whole lot of assuming based on nothing really.

Ruler said:
I dont see the big deal here its common practice now to have at least one singleplayer DLC in sucessfull games, the Naughty Gods are allowed to do that because their games are actually turning out good unlike EA, WarnerBrothers or activision games.

I think the problem is that they're announcing it so far in advance. I'm okay with them planning the DLC, that's just logic, but to openly announce it right when the game was getting ready to originally release seems a bit offputting to some. It'd be like announcing a game's sequel the week before a game launches, it just leaves a sour taste in peoples' mouths. And that's totally understandable. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Ruler said:

But there's no singleplayer DLC in Catherine.

I will buy this.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Nem said:
Oh great... naughty dog makes one DLC with The last of us and now we are beeing gouged already for the next game.

No, i wont buy it, and i might buy the game used now. Sick of this pre-order politic of cutting things from the games to sell later as DLC or put behind the pre-order wall.
You know, i'm more likely to pre-order something that isnt trying to blackmail me into than something that does.
Fallout 4, Xenoblade X. Pre-ordered. No bull**** pre-order practices. Was gonna pre-order Deus Ex... now dont want anymore. Was interested in Uncharted 4... now i dont care so much. Keep it up guys, because from me you only get less.

What a load of BS. I mean this is so freaking laughable, did you even take the time to understand what is happening here before posting? Do you in all seriousness believe that companies don't have plans for their DLC before a game releases no matter if they announce it before launch or not? Just because the singleplayer DLC is announced now doesn't mean it's being cut from the main campaign. And what bullshit pre-order parctices are you even talking about here, who is trying to blackmail you into doing anything?

I swear some people just deliberately turn their heads off to be able to become enraged about anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7EI9YCsuBQ

I will not be part of the problem. And cmon... you seriously believe that? With all the incomplete and rushed games that comes out nowadays and charge you for extra content on the first month or even the first day. I am shocked to see that you are in enabling them.

Nem said:
DerNebel said:

What a load of BS. I mean this is so freaking laughable, did you even take the time to understand what is happening here before posting? Do you in all seriousness believe that companies don't have plans for their DLC before a game releases no matter if they announce it before launch or not? Just because the singleplayer DLC is announced now doesn't mean it's being cut from the main campaign. And what bullshit pre-order parctices are you even talking about here, who is trying to blackmail you into doing anything?

I swear some people just deliberately turn their heads off to be able to become enraged about anything.

Thanks for impressively showing, with just one link, that you have no idea what you're talking about.

DerNebel said:
Nem said:

Thanks for impressively showing, with just one link, that you have no idea what you're talking about.

-.- stop beeing a hawk quoting. I was still editing.

Also, drop the agressive tone, or you're getting no reply at all. Whatever your opinion may be, i dont have to agree with it. Nor does anything you say makes my decision and its reasons less significant for me.

Is this not part of the pre-order DLC and just digital deluxe? Its not very clear on the article linked. If its just a bundle then i mispoke indeed. But, by no means does it mean that it isnt content just ripped out of the game. To be announced this early makes that very likely.

fireburn95 said:
asqarkabab said:
Yes i will buy it have no great Internet the dlc so if its ready on disc i buy it

Naughty dog/sony are not an 'on disc dlc' sort of company. They make the dlc (e.g. left behind) after the game is released, but surely some form of planning is initially done before the release. 

Dont forget there will be a GOTY edition down the road with all dlc and other stuff

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Nem said:
DerNebel said:

-.- stop beeing a hawk quoting. I was still editing.

Also, drop the agressive tone, or you're getting no reply at all. Whatever your opinion may be, i dont have to agree with it. Nor does anything you say makes my decision and its reasons less significant for me.

Is this not part of the DLC and just digital deluxe? Its not very clear on the article linked. If its just a bundle then i mispoke indeed. But, by no means does it mean that it isnt content just ripped out of the game. To be announced this early makes that very likely.

bolded: No, that's just a ridiculous. Where does this naivety come from? Devs all start thinking about DLC before their games are out. I mean really? Really? You think the Witcher 3 DLC that's just been announced for October had no planning done before the game was done?

And regarding your edit, so you think this singleplayer DLC will release 1 month after the base game comes out? After the TLOU DLC released 8 months after the original game?

People like you are just completely turning off all logic here by putting way too much meaning behind a simple freaking announcement that there is going to be a piece of single player DLC.

Oh and have you played TLOU and the Left Behind DLC?