By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tired of Japanese Splatoon Players

Just learn to play.

Around the Network

From my experience playing with Japanese gamers in other games, they have a big advantage when it comes to internet connection. It's like they were always ahead of me in time and I was always behind like half a second or so, in most cases. So I can see why they would have an edge in this game too. Hopefully you can lock into your region?

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

It's kinda give and take. It makes you better at the game. Nowadays because of the times I play generally I'm playing with Japanese gamers, but it's made me a better player, and pretty much always even in a loss I'm either no.1 or no.2 on my team in points. When I go back and play against mostly Western gamers I find I just slaughter them in many cases. 

But one thing that does drive me crazy is the use of the shield bubble special/subweapon. Japanese players seem to rely on that like crazy and its really unbalanced in the game IMO. You should not be able to activate a shield that lasts for like 15-20 seconds and bails you out of any kind of fire fight.

I'm tired of people blaming Japanese Splatoon players for their own lack of skill

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Well, S-rank is around 90% Japanese players in my experience, but much less than 90% of the sales came from Japan...

Soundwave said:

But one thing that does drive me crazy is the use of the shield bubble special/subweapon. Japanese players seem to rely on that like crazy and its really unbalanced in the game IMO. You should not be able to activate a shield that lasts for like 15-20 seconds and bails you out of any kind of fire fight.

The Bubbler without the special duration up ability is around 5 seconds. I just put a Splash Wall between me and the Bubbler user and knock them back. Kraken lasts longer than Bubbler, too.

Around the Network

I'm always up for some competition, I can hold my own very well against Japanese players. I am an awesome gamer though ;)

I honestly don't really see a difference between Japanese and Western Splatoon players! Those who are complaning just need to stop sucking at the game! The lag can be annoying, but that happens like once in a blue moon.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I see no problem at all with Japanese Splatoon players....some are good, some are very good, some are not...... but I have noticed that problems with disconnected players seem more frequent with them than with players from Europe or America.

At first me and my friends feared Japanese players and then we were like wait a minute...they got good so we just need to git gud, now when we enter a lobby full of Japanese players we just go like meh.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

This whole stupid controversy will probably make Nintendo create a casual version of turf war in the future because I have found NO difference in Japanese players other then me not being able to read their names. Some of them are monsters that dominate, some are average and some are just trash. No matter the level numbers or ranking, you will see this for all Splatoon players from around the world and Japanese are no different.

Aside from possible connection issues, which I couldn't tell you if it is always with Japanese players or not, I found nothing about the complaints to be accurate and it actually proves Nintendo correct for not adding voice chat.

Players complaining about Japanese players being to good are either playing rank at the wrong class or the type of morons that don't figure out exploring the stage once in a while to find out what walls and areas they can get to via swimming.