By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Game Would Make You Buy an NX at Launch?

As long as it has a standard controller and no motion controls, I would buy it without a single launch game. I have purchased every single Nintendo console ever released and so, no matter what, I am going down with the ship lol.

Around the Network

A full-fledged HD open-world Pokemon RPG based on the 1st season of the anime with the original voice actors for Brock, Misty and Ash.

Probably still wouldn't be day 1, but this would definitely be a megaton hit and a sign that Nintendo is going to make a huge comeback and that the NX will be a safe purchase.

For me it's less about any one game, but about the hardware right now. I have a U, and a One, so I have endless selection of Nintendo and non-Nintendo software available. For me to buy NX I need to see it's going to offer an exciting new experience and way to play. Ideally, NX will offer an new, different Ip at launch that excites me and seems fresh. Ideally that's balance with something familiar but new (ie a cool new 3D Mario) and something deep and mature (FFXV anyone?). Throw in some COD, a racing game, etc and I would likely wait in line to pre-order. But I want something about it to seem really cool. Show me something better than an analogue stick. Show me visual style never before seen. I want new.

Any Xeno title, Final Fantasy title or Mainline Zelda.

A Halo/Metroid crossover. It would be called HALOID!

Around the Network

Literally nothing, assuming it was the only game I was interested in. I love my Wii U, but I got it at launch based on some pretty empty promises of "launch window" games, and I always regret not waiting for a price drop or a good bundle. Promises and assumptions won't get me to buy the NX--only a huge amount of games already on shelves will.

Not even Pikmin 4. And that's saying something.

PS4 vs Wii LT sales Simulator

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Illusion said:

A full-fledged HD open-world Pokemon RPG based on the 1st season of the anime with the original voice actors for Brock, Misty and Ash.

Probably still wouldn't be day 1, but this would definitely be a megaton hit and a sign that Nintendo is going to make a huge comeback and that the NX will be a safe purchase.

Well there is a Pokémon FireRed hack called AshGrey that follows the adventures of Ash.

But seriously? The Pokémon anime? Pokémon Adventures would make a far better game.

XanderXT said:

Well there is a Pokémon FireRed hack called AshGrey that follows the adventures of Ash.

But seriously? The Pokémon anime? Pokémon Adventures would make a far better game.

I'm old school and haven't watched the anime since the Johto league.

That said, I have heard some good things about Pokemon Adventures.  Maybe I should check it out...

If i were to get a game at launch it would be what the console is bundled with since launch games arent all that good.