By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - So, Deep Impact vs Armageddon, which one?

Which one?

Armageddon 17 44.74%

Deep Impact 20 52.63%

I think... 1 2.63%

Total:38

Which one do you prefer? It's ok if you don't like any of those, but which one would you believe is better o a little less worse.

VS

Both movies plays with the situation of the danger that represents a comet in collision with the earth.

==============================================================

I'll start: I prefer Deep Impact. The entire film prepares you for a 3 minute scene but with catastrophic consecuences for the rest of the history.

What about you?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

only saw DI once 10 years ago didnt really like it thought it was boring as for Armageddon its stupid and silly fun its and way more enjoyable for that reason alone.

a better question would be independance day vs armageddon because they are both stupid and fun.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

RolStoppable said:
Armageddon is a better take on the apocalyptic scenario, because the audience has to listen to Aerosmith.

That takes away the need of an asteroid for destruction.

kljesta64 said:

only saw DI once 10 years ago didnt really like it thought it was boring as for Armageddon its stupid and silly fun its and way more enjoyable for that reason alone.

a better question would be independance day vs armageddon because they are both stupid and fun.

I never found the fun on those two films.

DI is a way more intelligently made movie but I prefer the simple minded action of Armageddon :).

Around the Network

Morgan Freeman > Bruce Willis, so yeah, Deep Impact. generally I like drama over action, since drama is story-telling whereas action is just stuff that happens. My memory of both movies is hazy as I've only seen each movie once but I remember generally preferring Deep Impact, even though excitement-wise Armageddon better on that one aspect.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Deep Impact actually made sense. But Morgan Freeman = Deep Impact is better.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

binary solo said:
Morgan Freeman > Bruce Willis, so yeah, Deep Impact. generally I like drama over action, since drama is story-telling whereas action is just stuff that happens. My memory of both movies is hazy as I've only seen each movie once but I remember generally preferring Deep Impact, even though excitement-wise Armageddon better on that one aspect.

Well, one was made by Michael Bay while the other by Steven Spielberg.

"A thriller with brains" !

ArchangelMadzz said:
Deep Impact actually made sense. But Morgan Freeman = Deep Impact is better.

Puppyroach said:
DI is a way more intelligently made movie but I prefer the simple minded action of Armageddon :).

I read that the production took advice from astronomers. But ignored some things for the movie's sake, for example the comet's explosion by the NASA kamikaze group.