By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does exclusivity increase your enjoyment of a game?

Is it better if it's exclusive?

Hell Yeah! 98 32.03%

Couldn't care less. 145 47.39%

EA sucks 63 20.59%

Total:306

No, but it makes me decide what platform to buy. For example, last gen I bought the PS3 before the 360 cause it had more exclusives that I liked, even if its multiplat games were inferior (and before them all I bought a Wii :P).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Conina said:
Samus Aran said:
Conina said:
Samus Aran said:
Super Mario Maker is a better game because it's exclusive thanks to the gamepad making it much easier to create levels than in LBP.

LBP Vita used the touchscreen/sticks/buttons-combination to make it much easier to create levels years before Super Mario Maker. LBP3 on PS4 uses a touchpad/sticks/buttons-combination to make it much easier to create levels. Xbox-consoles could use any smartglass-device for level-creation...

Not nearly as good as the gamepad with SMM.

Yeah, like you have even tried creating levels with LBP Vita, LBP3 or Project Spark (which supports smartglass)...

Yes, LBP3 is ten times more complicated and Project Spark is garbage and why would I want to get smartglass?

Have you ever looked at how simple it is to create levels in SMM? LBP and Project Spark are much more complicated.

SMM isn't less complicated due to gamepad, it is less complicated due to having twenty times fewer features than LBP3.

Sometimes you can feel that extra care was able to be taken due to the focus on one platform. Other than that, not really.

d21lewis said:
thatguymarco said:

You mean Gran Turismo, right? Regarding the online thing, I mean, because that's the only thing I can think of a case like that for Sony so far, could be wrong tho, and can't think of Ninty ever doing something like that, not directly anyway, SpyWare(?) was the one with the servers, and they dead. Although, you could mean DriveClub when it comes to rushed games, which I agree with, that looks like a shitty game, but aside from that, I can't think of anything else as "rushed" coming from Sony, not blatantly rushed, anyway, which is good, since their exclusive release ratio is higher MS's, of course, this doesn't mean that having a lot of games cooking up makes up for rushing them, but considering the circumstances, I'm even surprised that it doesn't happen as much. Now, the thing with MCC is the fact that the thing was supposed to be XOne's biggest seller until Halo 5 came out, it was supposed to be THE Xbox One game to have for most people, you can't just fuck up something like that, but they did, they chose to release a broken game with lots of hype, and I don't mean the normal kind of hype that most games have, I mean Smash kinda hype, behind it in order to take advantage of the consumers, and that's just fucking shitty.

I could mean Gran Turismo 5.... Or I could mean Twisted Metal.... or I could mean M.A.G.... Or I could mean Drive Club.... or I could mean PlayStation All-Stars.

Who knows what I could mean. Sometimes, I don't even know.

Are all those games really down? Why haven't I heard anything about it? Look, even if I'm siding with PS in this one doesn't mean I'm well informed in everything, don't expect people to know things to franchises they've barely heard about, and, even then, those games don't cause a huge fuss to most people, Halo did, I don't know how popular and respected Gran Turismo and M.A.G. are, but if they mattered as much as MS's flagship franchise, I think a lot of us would know when something shitty happened to them. Games that don't have a lot of players to have be mad after their offline time aren't worth preserving the servers for, from a bussiness stand point, at least, specially in Sony's case where they're on a huge whole trying to get out, they need to cut quarters were is needed, even if that implies doing shitty things, that said, shittyness needs to have a limit, if that weren't the case we would see a lot Unity a lot more frequently.

I'm now filled with determination.

Yeah, man I get off at the fact that I have a game on my system that everyone else can't play. Like who cares if it's anti-whatever. /s

Eh. not really, though but having certain exclusives is what gives a particular system its "idenity".

Around the Network

No. I don't care about exclusive e-penis. I have Halo 1 and 2. MS not releasing any further games to PC, I just give up and move on. I want everyone to be able to play all games. Which is why I wish Nintendo had everything else. Enjoy. Don't hate. If it happens. I shrug and move on. In the case of Tomb Raider, as an example. I don't buy a console for exclusives alone. I'd rather their be one console, honestly. OS by MS, disc drive by Sony, Optimization by Nintendo.

RubberWhistleHistle said:
I would say so. it think it is just more exciting in general. and it makes me feel like the game is built specifically for the console i am playing it on, utilizing its strengths and everything. i think we really saw that with the ps3 last generation, and some of the wii titles that nintendo published. when a game is exclusive, you just feel like it being built from the ground up for that console enhances the experience.

hmm....  you mean like The order, that Kinect fighting game (that I dont even remember its name), Devil Third and Sonic Boom?

Of course, whenever I'm playing a game I know some people without the system can't play I got that special feeling, it's the best

Noo ofcourse not,its just the exclusives on PlayStation grabs my interest a lot more(jrpgs mostly)

Gears is awesome.
Halo is solid.
Mario is a legend and always fun.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

The good thing about exclusives is that they normally use the full graphical potential of the console, (especially when we talk about the most capable console of the generation) and the bad thing is that only the console owners can be able to play the exclusives titles.