By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does exclusivity increase your enjoyment of a game?

Is it better if it's exclusive?

Hell Yeah! 98 32.03%

Couldn't care less. 145 47.39%

EA sucks 63 20.59%

Total:306

Though I do find that exclusives tend to be better, I don't think they're better because they're exclusive.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

No definitely not. I don't understand why it would for anyone. If anything I might promote the game more when people ask what are some good games. But enjoyment of playing the game is unaffected by being exclusive or not.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Maybe a small enjoyment that Uncharted or The Last of Us is only available for Sony platforms, but it's not like I throw a party everytime a high profile game goes exclusive for PS4. Has to be that it gives the platform more value, I guess.

Does exclusivity increase your enjoyment of a game?

Does exclusivity increase your hype for a game => this is what you should ask from the beginning

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213

No it doesn't. It just sucks my friends who play ps4 can't play gears etc with me and other x1 friends. And the only bought ps4 because it's playstation, they don't even play brilliant ND games for example, only NHL and COD 😐

Around the Network

Nope. But exclusivity does encourage a purchase, of course third parties do as well just not to the same extent imo.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

It caters to my false sense of superiority...

...so the answer's yes.

Normchacho said:
Though I do find that exclusives tend to be better, I don't think they're better because they're exclusive.

You managed to convey my thoughts in one sentence. Thank you, sir.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

No. Exclusives usually don't end up as my top games these days. Though it does influence my purchase when a console is sporting more exclusive games with an eclectic selection.

Not really. If a games good its good, exclusive or multiplayer. However exclusives seem to have more polish and be a little less rough around the edges IMO. Also they don't tend to be annual so you get less franchise fatigue ( looking at you COD and AC)