By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Console Should You Buy This Holiday? 2015 Edition

I will buy a Vita most liekly *partyhat*

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

PS4, pointless thread.

gottalovethis said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

helluva lot more than Stevie without his serum

I just got to ask you this please don't be offended.

Are you really RD.Jr or just a huge HUGE, creeply HUGE fan, or a fantasist?

because those are the only 2 options lol

I am Iron Man

The new Apple Tv.

No but seriously, gonna go with N-Gage.

I might pull the trigger on a new (used) SNES this holiday season. I can't seem to find my old one since I moved a few years ago and it's been bugging me. It's either that or an Ouya of course.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
The Xbox One has fourth quarter on lock. Sony fans will never admit it though.

It has indeed, but it's questionable how much its actually going to matter in the long run, it has quite a gap to bridge just to pull even on monthly sales and while the forth quarter offerings are indeed excellent, i believe wholeheartedly that we'll enter 2016 with the xbox still at least 10m behind overall, probably more.

Its performance through 2016 where all of the major PS4 releases have been pushed to is an issue too since any ground they do pull back this holiday will likely be lost and then some next year.

I don't think he means saleswise, just from a gamer's perspective that xbone has a better line-up for the rest of the year.

Next year xbone has promising games coming out as well like Crackdown 3, Quantum Break, Recore, Halo Wars 2 and Scalebound.

Samus Aran said:

I don't think he means saleswise, just from a gamer's perspective that xbone has a better line-up for the rest of the year.

Next year xbone has promising games coming out as well like Crackdown 3, Quantum Break, Recore, Halo Wars 2 and Scalebound.

and it'll still get trounced by the ps4.

None for me.

This is easily the best holiday for releases on the WiiU since launch

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Tachikoma said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
The Xbox One has fourth quarter on lock. Sony fans will never admit it though.

It has indeed, but it's questionable how much its actually going to matter in the long run, it has quite a gap to bridge just to pull even on monthly sales and while the forth quarter offerings are indeed excellent, i believe wholeheartedly that we'll enter 2016 with the xbox still at least 10m behind overall, probably more.

Its performance through 2016 where all of the major PS4 releases have been pushed to is an issue too since any ground they do pull back this holiday will likely be lost and then some next year.

Microsoft doesn't need to bridge the gap right now. They only need to make America their primary domain and gain more territory around Europe. Microsoft took the latter half of fouth quarter last year in the states. They should do better than that this year since Halo and Tomb Raider are coming. Thats a bigger lineup than last year. This year MS should get at least three of four months. The must have game that Microsoft needs to boost their console sales by a some million is finally coming next month. The first Halo tends to do very well in each generation.

Sony has no exclusives to take on those two games this holiday season. A statement will be made this holiday season, even though they wont win the year. Microsoft is still $50 cheaper so their black friday will be just as dominant as last year. Microsoft tends to beat Sony at the fourt quarter. Sony plays the year while Microsoft tends to play fourth quarter when the bulk of shoppers are ready to spend their money.

PC...have every current gen console and handheld. The Witcher 3 has made me want to play the first. I always said if I ever get a gaming rig again I am going balls deep no matter the reason, and even though Witcher 1 is old...my current cheap PC can't run it and I already bought it so I guess the time has come! XD

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261