By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US September monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

jason1637 said:
celador said:

People who watched E3 know things about Last Guardian. The preview I read after E3 was pretty positive. Pretty odd to say you know nothing about it, and then say that you think it looks bad.

It does to me. But sony does have a great line up next year. Ill get my ps4 for horizon zero dawn.

TLG is for hardcore fans who like Ico and SoTC.If you are not a fan of those games than you won't understand.I will love the game whenever it does finally release.

Around the Network

#676 Nathan Drake Bundle

I wonder if it will break into the 100 charts next week?

The PS5 Exists. 

celador said:
DerNebel said:
Did people seriously believe that the UC Collection bundle was going to tear up the charts with pre orders? Come on, we should know better than that.

Wasn't expecting it to do really well, but not even being in the top thousand is poor.

In terms of pre-orders, I think one should consider the possibility that TLOUR probably pushed a lot of "never owned a PS3" people into the PS4 at the $399 price point. So until there's a price cut I doubt any remaster has system selling potential. The UC collection will rely a lot on sales to existing PS4 owners who are new to PS (or skipped PS3). There are people who will buy PS4 this holiday and will opt for the UC bundle, but they won;t be the pre-ordering type. It's definitely going to be a holiday bundle so there's no rush.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

UltimateGamerConsole said:
Pionner said:

Holidays don't only count. PS4 has more games than XB1. Stop putting so much focus on a couple of the year.

I didn't say only holidays count. Sony won when they were releasing games in Q3-14, so the one who releases games in Q4 should win it. Sony aren't the same now as they wer during PS3 days, I want them to return to that form.

So if Sony had pushed Until Dawn and Tearaway Unfolded into October it would all be OK? The ND collection isn't the be all and end all of PS4's holiday strategy, it's not even the main exclusive thrust. What's going to sell PS4's in the exclusive library are all the games that have released during the year. It's good to release high profile exclusives in the holidays to create a higher profile, but it's not necessary and when you are already high profile it doesn't matter all that much.

For the first 2 or 3 years of PS3 the whole mantra was PS3 has no freakin' games, someone even made a video parody about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo63IX2vZAM

Seems like people have short memories about PS3. I don't think you really want PS4 to emulate PS3 in the early years, unless you want PS4 to do worse. In 2008 it got a nice lift with MGS4, but that released in June, not the holidays. 2008 equates to 2015 so the line up going in to these holidays isn't any less impressive than LBP and Resistance 2 was for holiday 2008. Given tearawy Unfolded is more than a straight port, and comes from a console almost no one cares about the position of this game and it's potential level of interest should be the same as LBP. And Resistance 2 ended up being a little underwhelming sales-wise. PS3 made a huge leap in 2009 with UC2 and $299. That equates to 2016 for this generation. And by all accoiunt 2016 is looking as impressive, or more impressive, than 2009.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

jason1637 said:

We know nothing about TLG. I dont think its gonna be a good game.

Hah...hah. Nice one.

Around the Network

SMM, MGSV (PS4) and Uncharted Special Edition all holding well in the top ten.

Roronaa_chan said:
jason1637 said:

Hah...hah. Nice one.

Whats so funny? Have you played the game yet/ DO you know how it plays? Do you know the gameplay mechanics?

Wow mario kart 8 at #16 great legs!

jason1637 said:

Whats so funny? Have you played the game yet/ DO you know how it plays? Do you know the gameplay mechanics?

You've seen a kid jump across a gap with the help of a creature and then climb up to a ledge. I think that's what he finds funny.

And how can you ask that question of him? You're the one passing judgement before playing it, seeing how it plays and without knowing the gameplay mechanics. Do you not see how weird your point is in light of what he's answering? Really?

The PS5 Exists. 

jason1637 said:

Yes. I've bathed in the developer's binary juices