By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Metal Gear Solid V Thread, Game Breaking Bug Discovered!

Tagged games:

Might get a proper logo up again, give it time!

The Official Metal Gear Solid V Thread!

So we're finally here. In one week, we will have in our hands the final game to come from Kojima, the last hurrah. And from early indications, what a great way to end it. I hope that you're going to join us along for the ride. The game will be releasing on PC, PS4, XOne, PS3 and 360 on 1st September as a direct sequel to Ground Zeroes, and is free to all those who purchased an Nvidia 900 series graphics card recently.

This thread is very much a work in progress, so give it a bit of time for it all the be up and fully functional.

Screenshots

MGSV will be using a revolutionary Fox Engine, which produces some stunning graphics particularly on PC. A selection is below, but this will be edited with your own screenshots and citations when the game releases. So feel free to post your best here and they'll be included into the OP!

Character Profiles

Big Boss

A lot has changed during the 9 long years between the events of Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain. Snake has lost everything and made a powerful new enemy, the mysterious XOF unit. Many challenges await Snake in this strange new world, he will have to rebuild MSF (Militaires Sans Frontières), work together with old friends to defeat new enemies and thwart the schemes of his bitter enemy.

Kazuhira Miller

Since Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker Kaz has been Snake's right hand man, always sticking by Snake's side through highs and lows. However the years have not been kind on Kaz and is now he is being held prisoner in Afghanistan. It will be up to Snake to save his old friend.

Revolver Ocelot

At times a friend and at other times a foe but always a familiar face. Ocelot is here now to help Snake turn the tide and build the Diamond Dogs, the successor to MSF. His true allegiances or intentions are never quite clear but like Snake, he shares the vision of The Boss.

Skull Face

A mysterious and powerful new enemy with an affinity for philosophy. It appears he has had a difficult life and he is out for vengeance. With his arsenal of deadly soldiers and weapons, he might be the toughest foe Snake has faced thus far.

Quiet

...?

Eli

A peculiar child with a cloudy history and surprising amount of skill with a knife. Friend or foe? We don't know. However there is definitely more than meets the eye here.

Game World

MGSV will be compromised of a number of different areas, and will have a number of wide open areas within them for a variety of different techniques. Being set in 1984 during the Afghan war, naturally these include Afghanistan (map below) and Angola, however it is uncertain how these will be broken down. Other areas such as Mother Base will be included, too, offering a great deal of variety in the game.

As can be seen from the below map, however, there will be a great deal of scope in this game, much more so than previous titles. 

Looking at a leaked map shows some more details within this area:

More maps and details to be included upon release.