By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Details its Holiday Line-up

I really like it! Mario Maker, Xenoblade and Star Fox will be more than enough to keep me busy in the following months!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Ugh, my wallet can't take any more amiibos... -.-

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Awesome that we finally got some release dates. Really looking forward to Super Mario Maker, Star Fox, XCX and Yoshi on the Wii U side. Also Zelda and Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon on the 3DS side.

Sucks that Fatal Frame is going to be digital only but I guess all signs pointed to that months ago. I'm surprised they didn't do the same thing to Devil's Third to be honest.

gabzjmm23 said:

From those list, I've already pre-ordered SMM. Then I wanted XCX.  If budget allows - FFV and D3rd are next.  Then those Yoshi, etc would be maybe for 2016.  I'm good with it, as I don't have to buy a lot of games day 1 and I still have a lot of backlog games. :)

I am also phasing my purchases but is not because of lack of money but lack of games... I think I will buy Yoshi's Yarn first, then I will go with XCX and early next year D3rd, I was hoping to buy FFV in november but there is no disc release so I think I will replace it with Shovel Knight, there was nothing in august and there is nothing in september for me. I keep looking at Guitar Hero Live, but the soundtrack is a hit and miss for my musical tastes, so I will leave it as a maybe.

Wyrdness said:

If people are starting to hate them why are they selling more and more by the minute? Most customers are upset at how they're not increasing their push, the shortages are a result of the demand.

The people are looking for MORE units of EXISTING amiibos, not for new ones. They need to increase the number of units released of each SKU not the number of SKUs, it is a very different issue. The hate will not happen from 1 day to the other, but you can start hearing complains here and there, the amiibo groups I follow on facebook are not growing anymore, they are stuck around the same number of people, the collectors who are planing to buy everything and is very hard for a new collector to start now since there are many figurines and there are a few that are very hard to get (read expensive).

Around the Network
flagstaad said:
gabzjmm23 said:

From those list, I've already pre-ordered SMM. Then I wanted XCX.  If budget allows - FFV and D3rd are next.  Then those Yoshi, etc would be maybe for 2016.  I'm good with it, as I don't have to buy a lot of games day 1 and I still have a lot of backlog games. :)

I am also phasing my purchases but is not because of lack of money but lack of games... I think I will buy Yoshi's Yarn first, then I will go with XCX and early next year D3rd, I was hoping to buy FFV in november but there is no disc release so I think I will replace it with Shovel Knight, there was nothing in august and there is nothing in september for me. I keep looking at Guitar Hero Live, but the soundtrack is a hit and miss for my musical tastes, so I will leave it as a maybe.

you don't have any backlog of any games or whatsoever? for ps, i don't think I'll buy any day 1/pre-ordered games.  Waiting for FF XV and waiting for other games to drop their prices. :)

Like what I've said I have a ton of backlog across different platforms hence I don't like buying day 1 games unless I'm eager to play it day 1.

Aielyn said:

I think you misunderstood. I wasn't saying that they were releasing without hype. I said they were releasing without fanfare. As in, Nintendo isn't making a big deal out of each amiibo. They generally only mention amiibo in connection with the games, and at most the release of an amiibo is accompanied by a facebook post. The only time they hype up amiibo and not in direct connection with a game that is going to be released is with the Smash ones, and mostly that only happened with ones they knew were going to be in demand, like the Mewtwo one.

By the way, the only one that got a "full series" so far, other than Smash, is the Super Mario collection... and that seems reasonable enough. And the Animal Crossing Wii U game is supposed to be a board game with the amiibo standing in for tokens (and it looks like the cards will also work fine, while being very cheap and small). Beyond those, there are a total of 3 for splatoon, 1 for chibi-robo, 2 special 8-bit Mario ones, and 4 yarn yoshis (mostly done for the cute factor). So other than amiibos that are effectively essential to their game concepts, which consists of two games (Mario Party and Animal Crossing), there are a total of 10 amiibos. And of those, the splatoon ones were available as a bundle, the yarn yoshis are mostly just various colours (which is no different from selling both white and black Wii U's), and the 8-bit Mario ones are literally just retro and modern colours of the same thing. So really, when it comes down to it, ignoring recolours, there's just 7 amiibo that aren't tied to one of three specific games.

I really cannot see where the problem is.

The problem is that we are reaching saturation point very fast and there is no need to... do they really needed 3 amiibos for splatoon?, no they did not, they could unlock everything with just one, do they need 3 colors of the Mario Party Mari amiibo, no they did not, all do the same. do they need a full series for Mario Party, no they did not since all the characters are also in smash (except for toad), the series is not even complete because there are 3 that you have to use the smash figurines anyway.

How many amiibos are available NOW in USA? 50 amiibos

39 from smash

8 from Mario Party

3 from Splatoon

How many will be there by the end of the year? 80+ amiibos

52 from Smash

8 from Mario Party

3 from Splatoon

6 from Animal Crossing

2 from Super Mario Maker

4 from Yoshi's Yarn

4 from Skylanders

1 from Chibi-Robo

A lot of cards from Animal Crossing (that I will not count for the moment)

So in less than 4 months more than 30 amiibos will be released, that is twice the usual rate of releases, they are speeding up and that will burn-out the customers.

gabzjmm23 said:

you don't have any backlog of any games or whatsoever? for ps, i don't think I'll buy any day 1/pre-ordered games.  Waiting for FF XV and waiting for other games to drop their prices. :)

Like what I've said I have a ton of backlog across different platforms hence I don't like buying day 1 games unless I'm eager to play it day 1.

I do have some backlog, but I usually buy 1 game per month and this year I am way behind, since the only other console that I have is a PS3. I think the clear solution would be to buy another console, but if that is the case in the next generation I will do it backwards get the other one first and then later support Nintendo

Personally I think this is an awesome season.

For me the Wii U's value is based on its entire available library, not just new games.

So coming into 2015 Holiday season with Super Mario 3d world, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, & Splatoon - on top of new releases like Yoshi's, Guitar Hero Live, Just Dance 2016, Xenoblade Chronicles - all that is pretty awesome.

I know for Nintendo it'd help to drop some mega-hit franchise title as well, I do not personally think Super Mario Maker qualifies, but....still this is a pretty nice season.

I will buy Yoshi's with the Amiibo bundle.

This looks like a pretty good lineup, will probably keep me buy for a while. Really looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles X, I'll be saying goodbye to a social life when that drops. Just wish Fatal Frame wasn't digital...