By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Details its Holiday Line-up

SuperNova said:
So no Nintendo Directs anymore?
That would be sad. Directs were such a good way to talk to fans, generate hype, and generally make Nintendo feel less like a coorperate faceless company. I always looked forward to them, they were little events. I think dropping them is a very bad idea.

This release schedule was released sept 1 2014 (a year ago) and after that there was three Nintendo Directs before christmas:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/506487150125535235

Around the Network
Paatar said:
Fucking pissed about Fatal Frame V

my god, fucking tell me about it. so pissed.

They kinda back loaded a lot of games that came out in other territories already.

For example Japan already has Yoshi's Wooly World, Xenoblade, Fatal Frame, and Devil's Third.

So I guess Animal Crossing Amiibo Party and Mario Tennis U will get moved into 2016 for North America, but may come out this year for Japan.

Nintendo Direct's I don't think will happen for a while but that's just a guess. I think it's so sensitive of a point for Nintendo is still in mourning. I think they may do something else this fall, but I think generally they just want to get out of this year and regroup for the NX unveil next year. 

Nice to see dates, but what about the Directs?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

baloofarsan said:
SuperNova said:
That would be sad. Directs were such a good way to talk to fans, generate hype, and generally make Nintendo feel less like a coorperate faceless company. I always looked forward to them, they were little events. I think dropping them is a very bad idea.

This release schedule was released sept 1 2014 (a year ago) and after that there was three Nintendo Directs before christmas:

Nice point.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Platina said:
Nice to see dates, but what about the Directs?

I think people just need to park that. I don't imagine anyone at Nintendo wants to rush themselves into the face of the Direct, given Mr. Iwata's passing it would likely look disrespectful. 

I don't think there will be a Direct again until next year, and even then I wouldn't be surprised if it has a different name to it and a different type of format. 

baloofarsan said:
SuperNova said:

Yeah but there also was a Direct in August last year...

It's pretty clear that Iwata's death has greatly affected his Nintendo is conducting itself. The lack of an August Direct proves this. 

Metallox said:
baloofarsan said:

Nice point.

People in this thread have been saying that Nintendo's  probably waiting with the next Direct, at least until they've annouced Iwatas Successor, wich I hope is what's happening. I mean, I get it, Directs were Iwatas thing and they wouldn't want to disrespect him with rushing the next one out without him. But I sort of feel it would be nice to continue them as part of his legacy too.

On the schedule, yes, good point. The only diffrence is, that this was largely a rough overview of what's coming, with very few concrete release dates, those were usually revealed in the Directs.

I'm not sure if this is even a possibility, but I've also been thinking that maybe they won't announce a successor for Iwata (and neither have directs) until the official mourning period is over. I don't know how long that is, though. 40 Days? 49 days?

I need that giant Yoshi Amiibo. I need it!
That said, it will probably be 40,000 dollars by the time of its release.

A lot of the charm of NDs was Iwata, even if the mourning period wasn't an issue for them NDs still need to be handled with care. They most likely will continue NDs but you can't just have any old person up there doing it.