By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Details its Holiday Line-up

Double post... so I am adding more ideas...

I Nintendo of America is doing a terrible job in generating a good flow of games for the Wii U, September is almost barren and Devil's Third was a good option to mix the market (1 family friendly + 1 more mature game per month), a special edition of fatal frame even if it was store exclusive (gamestop or even amazon) could interest more people besides the game is HUGE and not everyone has the space in their consoles, and left the heavy amiibo related games for next year (I am talking about Animal Crossing) and finish the smash series already.

Around the Network
flagstaad said:
Samus Aran said:

Those amiibo will make more money than Devil's Third and Fatal Frame combined.

Most likely but people are getting saturated, I am not buying anymore (I got 4) and the Wii U Group that I manage is tired of amiibos in general, some are even starting to hate them, you know like people got tired of Guitar Hero and Rock Band because there were just too many of those.

But amiibo aren't coming at the cost of games, so I don't see the problem. I only have one of them and I don't mind them.

Fatal Frame - digital only in NA. :(
Devil's Third - December 11th. a week after XCX.
hopefully i have a budget for all these games. But for now - pre-ordered SMM, then most likely buy XCX. Devil's Third, I'm interested and if I have enough budget, I'll buy it. Then Fatal Frame.

Yoshi and other titles look okay, I'll buy it if I have deep pockets or maybe in 2016.

Samus Aran said:
flagstaad said:

Most likely but people are getting saturated, I am not buying anymore (I got 4) and the Wii U Group that I manage is tired of amiibos in general, some are even starting to hate them, you know like people got tired of Guitar Hero and Rock Band because there were just too many of those.

But amiibo aren't coming at the cost of games, so I don't see the problem. I only have one of them and I don't mind them.

Agreed. If you're trying to buy them all, then you're a collector, and burn-out shouldn't factor in. Everyone else should only be getting a few, at most, and you shouldn't be getting burned out just because others exist for other people.

I've got Smash Link and Super-Mario Luigi. I'll probably also end up getting two or three more, over time (and possibly some Animal Crossing amiibo-cards), but they'll be carefully chosen for functionality and preference. More options only increases my chances of buying one. If you want the functionality unlocked by some other amiibo, find someone else who already has it, since the functionality-unlocks, to my knowledge, aren't single-use.

Samus Aran said:

Is a perception thing, they are releasing more amiibos than games, so is logical to think that they are using the game budget to produce more amiibos instead of more games, I am starting to despise them slowly, I wanted to buy a few more but now I am done, I will change all the remaining amiibos of the year for a retail version (or special edition like in Europe) of Fatal Frame in a blink.

Around the Network

Fucking pissed about Fatal Frame V

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I wish they would include some of the 3rd party games for the 3DS like The Legend of Legacy, Stella Glow, Hatsune Miku or Dragon Ball because it looks fairly barren without them.

The Wii U has a pretty stellar lineup imo. Sad that Fatal Frame is digital-only but I'll get it regardless. Glad that Star Fox is a November title. That should help it quite a bit.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Line-up looks ok, last year was better imo.

flagstaad said:
Is a perception thing, they are releasing more amiibos than games, so is logical to think that they are using the game budget to produce more amiibos instead of more games, I am starting to despise them slowly, I wanted to buy a few more but now I am done, I will change all the remaining amiibos of the year for a retail version (or special edition like in Europe) of Fatal Frame in a blink.

That argument doesn't really work when there are more games being released for the Wii U this holiday than 2013 (no amiibo) and 2014 (only Wave 1 Smash amiibo).

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

flagstaad said:
Samus Aran said:

W-what ?

Do you know that each games cost several millions dollars in development, and figurines cost at least a hundred time less for a lot of them ? They are made in chinese industries and they most probably cost less than 3 dollars each for Nintendo...Nintendo don't use the money from game development for amiibo, you don't have to worry about it.