By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digital Foundry: Uncharted Collection more than just a remaster

Goodnightmoon said:

No it doesn´t look better at all, it will havee better resolution and framerate but it has less detail overall, doesn´t look like a great remaster.

What? It has less detail? Are you watching properly or do you like prety colours?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Please stop derailing the thread, every one.

If you have a problem with a post, either report it or refute it.

People are allowed to have contrary or unpopular opinions.

Goodnightmoon said:
Ruler said:

it doesnt look better, the PS4 has more of a blue filter thats all. Look at the shiny helicopter on PS4 it looks better

No it doesn´t look better at all, it will havee better resolution and framerate but it has less detail overall, doesn´t look like a great remaster.

You need glasses dude.  The chopper in the PS4 version has a lot more detail.

"However, there is a notable omission based on every Nathan Drake Collection asset we've seen so far: motion blur. "

Woohoo!!!

4 ≈ One

Freaking cash-grab /s

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

As I said in other thread, the Ps3 version looks better here, so I don´t see how this is a great remaster.

The value of the collection is good though

Yep, prefer the look of the PS3 version of Uncharted 2 based on this vid. Realism doesn't always equate to better aesthetics, the PS3 version is more eye catching and textures appear more rich, the motion blur is a nice touch too. I only care for the frame rate and anti aliasing on the PS4 one.

In the trailer though, the PS4 version looks better, mostly footage from UC3. Looks like a quality remaster, nothing less, nothing more.

I wouldnt classify it as "more than a remaster" Its a remaster at best, but its more accuratly a port. Uncharted 1 is touched up, but i dont know about the other two. Still this fancy name for a port is just silly. Hyping it up above it is even worse. May look like i'm picking on Uncharted, but i'm picking on marketing departments and digital foundry.

Miguel_Zorro said:
I'm a huge Uncharted fan, so take this in that context...

It doesn't matter how great it looks. It's a remaster, not a remake. The article is really saying it's a good remaster, not a bad remaster. Everything that they are describing including "Full 1080p" and "Improved shading" are elements of remasters. To be considered a remake, the gameplay has to be different. A remake would be a new game based on the original game.

no, remakes can still have the same gameplay.

think movies, for example, village of the damned a 1960 movie remade in 1995. new movie,  same plot, settings, story genere etc.

other than that, i agree with you. 

No way does it count as a remake, this is just silly semantics. The videos look almost identical.

Why are some people losing their minds because of one persons opinion?

Well anyway as someone who has all 3 of the games this is a great collection, shame Golden Abyss isn't included.

Proud to be a Californian.