By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digital Foundry: Uncharted Collection more than just a remaster

Didn't somebody just make a thread about remasters, remakes, and ports? What is this game!?!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Didn't somebody just make a thread about remasters, remakes, and ports? What is this game!?!

All remasters are functionally ports at heart, the remaster label (at least with games) tends to be applied to version of a game that released after the original, generally on new hardware, and with graphical and/or performance upgrades, and sometimes a few gameplay changes. I'd personally just consider the NDC a well done remaster (a dramatic performance increase coupled with some nice graphical updates, such a new texture, models, and shaders).

Remakes tend to skip the "functionally a port at heart" part. They're usually built from the ground up, present a significant graphical jump over the original, and sometimes make big changes to the gameplay.

I think DF are just being a bit click baity with the title. They're mostly just saying the NDC is a good remaster.

AEGRO said:
Burek said:

The usual suspects waiting in ambush for new Sony threads...

This collection looks great, easily the best gaming collection ever. A must have for any serious action adventure fan.

These "usual suspects" are the same that have been saying that DEVILS THIRD looks great. Unbelievable.

Moderated - Leadified

I dare you to find one single post where I said that. If not, then you are just lying.

And by the way I just realized that the comment section of the video I posted is pointing up exactly the same I did, we must be all crazy.

Goodnightmoon said:

I dare you to find one single post where I said that. If not, then you are just lying.

And by the way I just realized that the comment section of the video I posted is pointing up exactly the same I did, we must be all crazy.

What do you mean the comments section? You're not referring to Youtubers ... surely? Here's a thought: How about watching the DF video this thread is based on and listenting to what is said. You're in a thread about how there are huge improvements to the Uncharted games and you're claiming there are no improvements. Can't you see how that looks?

The PS5 Exists. 

leyendax69 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

As I said in other thread, the Ps3 version looks better here, so I don´t see how this is a great remaster.

The value of the collection is good though

Keep posting it in more threads, together we can decresase the sales of this game!!1!

The other threat was locked instantly because it was a double threat, I´m not spamming this, the only thing that happens here is some of you can´t take a single opinion.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
AEGRO said:

These "usual suspects" are the same that have been saying that DEVILS THIRD looks great. Unbelievable.

Moderated - Leadified

I'm not sure you want to be using the DF comment section as a basis to argue anything, ever :p

Awesome, even more happy that i already have it pre-ordered. I just wish they'd release the steelbook edition in the USA, like they're doing overseas.

Iamthespleen said:
Goodnightmoon said:

As I said in other thread, the Ps3 version looks better here, so I don´t see how this is a great remaster.

The value of the collection is good though

Did you read the article? Why would we not trust Digital Foundry over a troll who cherry picks one scene, captured by two different methods (PS3 screen is captured by capture card) out of 30 + hours of game? ROFL. Keep trying to Downplay everything sony, it's good for a laugh. So your saying you know more then digital foundry's detailed analysis?>

Look at your post history, you are transparent and do this in every sony thread.

Dude take the word troll out of there. They will ban u!

Btw. regarding the much discussed video here, has someone pointed out the video description yet?

"Here's how Sony's recently released Uncharted 2 footage from the PS4 Nathan Drake Collection stacks up against our own PS3 captures. Unfortunately, Sony's original asset wasn't the best quality, so apologies for the slightly fuzzy quality PS4-side. But there's lots to see here - revamped lighting, increased detail, longer view distance - the works. But it's a shame about the lack of motion blur..."

DerNebel said:
Btw. regarding the much discussed video here, has someone pointed out the video description yet?

"Here's how Sony's recently released Uncharted 2 footage from the PS4 Nathan Drake Collection stacks up against our own PS3 captures. Unfortunately, Sony's original asset wasn't the best quality, so apologies for the slightly fuzzy quality PS4-side. But there's lots to see here - revamped lighting, increased detail, longer view distance - the works. But it's a shame about the lack of motion blur..."

Myth busted

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine