By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digital Foundry: Uncharted Collection more than just a remaster

jigokutamago said:
omg they....

GAVE HIM A MUSTACHE!!!!!!! 100x better than ps3 version confirmed.

He's been using Grecian 2000 as well, to hide more of the grey.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:

Yeah but, the stories start and end the same. It's the same three stories which I already know the ending to. I'm not buying a movie ticket to see a movie that I have already seen. I'm not buying a book for which I know the ending to.

If I want to buy a game, I buy it... beat it... then put it on a shelf. This way, if I want to play it again, I can. Buying the same exact game with the same exact plot and ending? Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

That's cool, and everyone does their own thing. But some people bought their favourite movies back in the days of VHS, then when DVD came out they re-bought on DVD, then when Blu-ray came out they re-bought the Blu-ray digital re-master (even though Blu-ray players can play DVDs and even play them at a slightly improved quality over DVD players). They did that because they want the best quality version of the movies they love and which every line and every scene is memorised. I'm not one of those people but I understand the sentiment and it makes sense to have the best version of your favourite things.

In any case, this collection isn't looking to all the people who merely liked Uncharted to re-buy, or to get into the 8th gen through this game collection. This collection, like TLOUR, is aimed at people who didn't have a PS3 last gen and who have never played Uncharted. And it's a very sound strategy to give people who already have a PS4, but never had PS3 (a large proportion of PS4 owners) 3 good games to play this holiday, and to tempt people who are still playing their 360 or Wii to make the move to PS4 as their first new gen console.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I don't think DF has ever seen a real remake of a game.

I'm still not picking up a PS4 anytime soon but this will definitely be a must-have when I do. I already own the Uncharted trilogy on PS3, but they're great games (particularly Among Thieves) and this package is well worth it for 1080p/60fps. Any other added graphical improvements are icing on the cake.

Ruler said:
Goodnightmoon said:

No it doesn´t look better at all, it will havee better resolution and framerate but it has less detail overall.

how? look at this video DF counted more improvements for PS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=336&v=_SA78dp3xnM

Great job

Around the Network
Miguel_Zorro said:
ils411 said:

no, remakes can still have the same gameplay.

think movies, for example, village of the damned a 1960 movie remade in 1995. new movie,  same plot, settings, story genere etc.

other than that, i agree with you. 

Village of the damned was a remake, because they re-shot it.  The actors are different. If they had taken the 1960 version and just cleaned it up, that would be a remaster.

um..yeah..my point exactly. just saying that a re-make can still have the same gameplay. like um... tomb raider anniversary. Its tomb raider 1 re-made with enhanced controlls, graphics etc but still same gameplay...you know what i mean. 

like i said. i agree with you with everything else except the new gameplay thing. 

I don't care. Ditching 3D support from UC3 was a horrible thing to do, although I predicted it.

LemonSlice said:
I don't care. Ditching 3D support from UC3 was a horrible thing to do, although I predicted it.

Seriously? Who plays games with 3D mode ON nowadays?

Useless and gimmicky feature imo.

Look forward to reliving Drake's adventures in a build up to Uncharted 4.

Looks really great! Clear improvements on the originals. The games already looked great on PS3 and are one of the best video-game trilogies ever, so what would one expect .