By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digital Foundry: Uncharted Collection more than just a remaster

It's not more than a remaster, it's more than a straight port, that's it.

If you compare it to movies, it would be a remake if they redid the motion capture, voice acting and rebuild all the levels. Story and game play can still stay the same. This is still a remaster. Movie remasters also touch up the artwork by removing blemishes, enhancing colors, balancing black level and contrast, converting the sound to 5.1 or 7.1 and encoding sound and picture at a higher resolution. Games can enhance the character models by using ones with higher detail ones retaken from the original models, movies scan the 35mm prints in 4k to get more detail. It's all remasters.

It looks like a good remaster, and I wouldn't mind playing the series again in 1080p60 without motion blur! Yet not for the $75 it is listed at in Canada. Maybe in a few years as a platinum edition for $30. Mario maker, MGS5 and Fallout come first.

Around the Network

Surely the cutscenes MUST be in realtime despite people not being sure. How the hell can what must be 4+ hours of 1080/60 pre rendered cut scenes fit on one disc, never mind 3 actual full games!

If they have managed to get all cut scenes in to real time and made them look better than the pre renders from the original PS3, thats really impressive.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

I do agree that this isn't a remake, it's just a really good remaster.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Yeah but, the stories start and end the same. It's the same three stories which I already know the ending to. I'm not buying a movie ticket to see a movie that I have already seen. I'm not buying a book for which I know the ending to.

If I want to buy a game, I buy it... beat it... then put it on a shelf. This way, if I want to play it again, I can. Buying the same exact game with the same exact plot and ending? Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Burek said:
DerNebel said:

Oh look it didn't even take a full page for someone to come and shit up the thread, you're getting quicker vgchartz.

Edit: Game looks great btw.

The usual suspects waiting in ambush for new Sony threads...

This collection looks great, easily the best gaming collection ever. A must have for any serious action adventure fan.

These "usual suspects" are the same that have been saying that DEVILS THIRD looks great. Unbelievable.

Moderated - Leadified

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:

Yeah but, the stories start and end the same. It's the same three stories which I already know the ending to. I'm not buying a movie ticket to see a movie that I have already seen. I'm not buying a book for which I know the ending to.

If I want to buy a game, I buy it... beat it... then put it on a shelf. This way, if I want to play it again, I can. Buying the same exact game with the same exact plot and ending? Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

But then this simply isn't a game for you then is it.  It's a game for people who maybe have only played one of the Uncharteds, or maybe missed them all because they didn't own a PS3.  Its the same for Last Of Us.  Didn't stop that selling by the bucketloads and this will be the same if not more so.   Not every game made is tailored for every single player out there. 

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

AlfredoTurkey said:

You have never watched a movie twice? Like go to an anniversary screening of a movie you like? Rocky Horror Picture Show on Halloween...

You wouldn't buy a good book based on a true story because you know the ending to it already? Into Thin Air, Seven Years in Tibet...whatever you like... a biography of a famous person...

Maybe so, but then this collection is not for you. It is for me and people like me that never bought the originals because I didn't own a PS3, for those who sold their PS3 console and for those that perhaps never had interest in it but now their interests change.

Plenty of people to justify a collection, I doubt that Sony expects to sell 25 million copies...

Goodnightmoon said:

As I said in other thread, the Ps3 version looks better here, so I don´t see how this is a great remaster.

The value of the collection is good though

Keep posting it in more threads, together we can decresase the sales of this game!!1!

Goodnightmoon said:
Ruler said:

it doesnt look better, the PS4 has more of a blue filter thats all. Look at the shiny helicopter on PS4 it looks better

No it doesn´t look better at all, it will havee better resolution and framerate but it has less detail overall, doesn´t look like a great remaster.

Eh, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I just finished watching DF's comparisons, and in general it looks like a pretty clear graphical upgrade to me (the new shaders are an especially nice touch). I wouldn't consider it anything more than a remaster, but when considering the graphical changes, heavy IQ improvements, and the jump to 60fps, I'd definitely consider it a very well done remaster. Each to their own I suppose ^^

I think that this game will sell more than TLOU:R