By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So MGS V, what's the split gonna be?

Nymeria said:
Teeqoz said:
Nymeria said:
7:2 - PS4:X1
3:2 - PS3:360

Ground Zeroes had a higher PS3:360 ration than PS4:XBO ratio. No way the PS3:360 ratio will only be 3:2.

I think PS4/X1 sales will be much higher percentage wise than PS3/360 sales for Phantom Pain than were for Ground Zeroes due to releasing later in the console life cycle. We shall see.

But that doesn't explain why the PS3 version would only sell 50% more than the 360 version...

Around the Network

I think it's gonna be 5:1 favoring the Playstation version. I honestly can't decide between 4 and 5 because even if the game has a massive following on the PlayStation console, I believe the Xbox One version will manage to pull a decent amount of units sold.

7:2 in PS4's favor or better.

4 ≈ One

At least 4:1

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

5:1 in favor of PS4, maybe 6:1.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

6:1 for PS4

I'm going to say two to one if not less, favor for PS4. It's getting 10/10 across the board and it's not only stealth, but a military shooter. There's no data that shows how much Metal Gear Solid 5 will possibly sell other than Ground Zeroes, which is a demo, and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection which we can't be sure that's even correct since VGChartz still has it listed as Omerta City of Gangsters.

RPGFan1 said:

I'm going to say two to one if not less, favor for PS4. It's getting 10/10 across the board and it's not only stealth, but a military shooter. There's no data that shows how much Metal Gear Solid 5 will possibly sell other than Ground Zeroes, which is a demo, and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection which we can't be sure that's even correct since VGChartz still has it listed as Omerta City of Gangsters.

By less than 2 to 1 you mean like 1.5 to 1?

4-1 in favor of ps4 for me. Ground zeros was a barely worth it demo, and mgsv is reviewing really well which will likely pique interest in xbox owners. But ps4 just has that many more consoles out there.
Attach ratios will be the interesting one to look at I'd say

DerNebel said:
RPGFan1 said:

By less than 2 to 1 you mean like 1.5 to 1?

You could say plus or minus .5.  1.5-2.5 to 1, but my guess would be double the amount.