By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon becomes irrelevant on November 6

hahaha funny

Around the Network

I´m not sure...

I expect Yokai Watch to be a great game, but I don´t think it will match Pokemon popularity in Europe/Americas anytime....

Dat title. You'd have a nice future in Journalism, Kylee!

Pokemon will never be irrelevant as long as they have hordes of fans willing to buy the same game over and over into infinity. They could release a reremake of Sapphire and Ruby next year and it would sell millions. On the other hand, Youkai Watch keeps making NEW GAMES. They'll never catch up like that. I hope they're already working on a remaster of Youkai Watch 1, or they're just spinning their wheels--and this time, they'd better have three versions.

YW would do amazing if it would manage 1 million in the US and 2 in Europe. But Im honestly skeptical that it wil reach those sales in this day and age.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
hunter_alien said:
YW would do amazing if it would manage 1 million in the US and 2 in Europe. But Im honestly skeptical that it wil reach those sales in this day and age.

Selling twice as much in Europe as it does in the US? Has that ever happened for any game before, excluding football games of course?

I know that this one is more like Pokemon, but for some reason, it seems to be that the European audience might be more receptive to this, as they were with Tomodachi Life, Animal Crossing or Professor Layton series (fairly unknown IPs from Japan that broke out mostly in Europe).

Never the less, after looking at more 3DS software sales I have to agree that something like 1 million + 1 million would probably be a more reasonable expectation.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

And GTA will be irrelevant once SEGA localizes Yakuza Zero. Right?

Nah, don't think so.

Yokai-Watch will sell as well as Monster Hunter in the west. Pretty confident in that.

(Maybe not as bad, but I see it doing that same thing. Selling amazing in Japan and just okay everywhere else)

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Ka-pi96 said:
hunter_alien said:

Selling twice as much in Europe as it does in the US? Has that ever happened for any game before, excluding football games of course?

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/12995/professor-layton-and-the-curious-village/

Yes, apparently