By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon becomes irrelevant on November 6

November 7th Pokémon Z will be announced

Oh, wait, Tomorrow there are The Pokémon World Champioships, and most of the main developers of GF will be at the Event :]

Around the Network

Sorry. Not even close.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Yokai Watch is a 2016 title in Europe btw.

Ka-pi96 said:
From what I understand Yokai Watch is very very simple and aimed exclusively at children. A large part of the Pokemon fanbase is made up of hardcore competitive types due to how deep it's gameplay is. So no, Yokai Watch is absolutely no threat whatsoever to Pokemon.

While I think you're giving too much credit to Pokemon to show the difference, I do agree. YW isn't a good game and it shouldn't make a large impact here unless it becomes a major kids thing like Minecraft.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

This title.

Around the Network
KyleeStrutt said:
Yokai Watch is a 2016 title in Europe btw.

good way to make it do worse than it could: release it at the same time as Pokémon SMD both in USA and Europe :p

Oh and yeah it's legs will be cutted off by Pokémon Z (which will most likely release in March/April)

One can only hope. Would prefer Digimon as a replacement, but anything is better than having Pokémon as the adult form of call of duty.

I'm now filled with determination.

spurgeonryan said:
If they release an American version of the cartoon asap on Cartoon Network along with a huge merchandising campaign soon. It could do alright.

This is from Nintendolife:
"The first title in the series will hit North America on 6th November, fulfilling the previous 'Q4' promise. In addition Disney XD will be airing the cartoon, kicking off in the Fall; that suggests the cartoon will arrive first as a form of warm-up. Also landing before the game on 3rd November is the series' manga, which will be published by VIZ Media's Perfect Square imprint. Beyond that, the Hasbro range of toys and related non-video games will kick off in January 2016, which will bust some parent's wallets as a big part of that range will be collectible medals."

It could become big if there's a big marketing campaign around it. It's releasing before the holidays, so it should sell well as a christmas present or something. I think it will sell 1.5 million in the US ltd. Not sure about Europe, as it's releasing after the holidays there.

Ok, good luck with that

Currently most hyped for: FFXV and Zelda U

Teeqoz said:
Ka-pi96 said:
hunter_alien said:
YW would do amazing if it would manage 1 million in the US and 2 in Europe. But Im honestly skeptical that it wil reach those sales in this day and age.

Selling twice as much in Europe as it does in the US? Has that ever happened for any game before, excluding football games of course?

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/12995/professor-layton-and-the-curious-village/

Yes, apparently

Now I get why half of the internet doesn't seem to know/give a toss about this charming little series. It was huge around here, and I love it, but the net is all bout Phoenix Wright. (Which I'm thankful for, bcause AA rocks.)